Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too many elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    Auto Pickup is very handy, I use it all the time for various different things. Like collecting rocks for sling ammo in PC2, after I let the ants run a bit.
    Can you filter auto pickup to only pickup certain items? if yes, then I can see the point on rare occations.

Yes, you can have it autopickup items by class. For example, the one I gave picks up everything except rocks and food. But if you specify, say, Auto_Pickup = !~?=*, then it will only pick up potions/bracers/scrolls/rings/gems. Or Auto_Pickup = / will only pick up (non-rock) missiles.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Yes, you can have it autopickup items by class. For example, the one I gave picks up everything except rocks and food. But if you specify, say, Auto_Pickup = !~?=*, then it will only pick up potions/bracers/scrolls/rings/gems. Or Auto_Pickup = / will only pick up (non-rock) missiles.
    But .... auto pickup still takes time, and if I move and auto pickup a nearby monster could get a free hit.

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    But .... auto pickup still takes time, and if I move and auto pickup a nearby monster could get a free hit.
    You don't just leave it on all the time, instead you use auto-pickup to make a task simpler then turn it off. You can turn it on and off right in the game.
    AKA: Jbc
    1st win no spoiler & no cheating version 1.1.1
    Favorite Race Class Combo: Darkling Farmer

Ctrl-a is the shortcut to toggle auto-pickup on/off.
    It's very handy and once you get used to disabling it when fighting, it becomes second nature.
    I can't imagine playing without it.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."