Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ADOM Friday 13th Scavenger Hunt

Default ADOM Friday 13th Scavenger Hunt

Friday the 13th is coming up, and for fun, I put together a little scavenger hunt challenge for people to play on this auspicious day. The idea is, basically, that each player will get to use three characters and have a list of a series of items to collect. The person with the most items collected across their three characters wins. Challenge is hopefully fairly simple and straightforward.

Note, I have chosen the items to be things that you should be able to acquire without the need of excessive amounts of grinding. If you're spending a lot of time farming the Big Room hoping for a particular item drop, you may have the wrong approach.

The rules specifically are:
    -Each player rolls three characters in their prefered version (r59 or higher) on January 13th*:
    --One of the characters must be a Dwarf Paladin born in the Dragon Starsign
    --One character must be randomly generated**
    --One character of R/C/starsign chosen by the player, subject to the condition that they cannot use the same R/C/star as either of the previous two.
    --Characters should be rolled in standard difficulty rules
    --Characters are not required to remain cursed.

-Collect as many of the items on the scavenger hunt list as you can between the three characters.
    -You do not get extra points for finding the same item on multiple characters.
    -List items marked with *AND* must both be found on the same character, and be present at the same time in your inventory (or map, if it's an NPC) to receive credit.
    -Wished for items do not count toward your total.
    -Post screenshots as you find items.
    -Characters may only collect items for the scavenger hunt within their first 30000 turns of play.
    -The scavenger hunt ends January 27th
    [*]Latecomers can join in if they set their clock to January 13th so their character is similarly cursed.
    [**]If you roll a CK as your random character, you are allowed to reroll as a different class.

Here are the list of items that you're looking for. There are 50 in total, each with equal value toward completion. Remember that you only need to collect them once with any of your three characters.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 01-13-2017 at 07:02 PM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Sign me up. Looks like fun.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Sounds fun! I'm in.

Looking forward to playing this challenge!
    gremlin - karmic lizard, dark orc, acid vortex, staring eye - dragon turtle, fairy dragon, ogre lord, minotaur emperor - pit viper, orc butcher - greater mimic, dark elven wizard, carrion crawler, dwarven child - imp - ochre jelly, dark elven archer, king cobra, goodwife - kobold shaman, magebane eye, floating eye, quickling king - giant centipede, hill orc sergeant, mimic hivemind, greater claw bug, brown bear, large gnoll - giant bee queen, giant ant warrior, shadow centipede, kobold

I'm up but with the limit at 25k turns will most likely result in nothing for me.
    Does cursed mean no prayers? That would mean a lot of early deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    I'm up but with the limit at 25k turns will most likely result in nothing for me.
    Does cursed mean no prayers? That would mean a lot of early deaths.
    Many of the items are available quite early in the game, and everything is available by the end of the ToEF. I don't mind setting the turn limit a bit higher; I just want to have some definite endpoint for people so that they don't spend endless amounts of time grinding.

Starting the game cursed does often seem to leave you without enough piety to do a full heal, yes.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

This sounds great... I've been playing a lot of these partial-completion challenges with a friend recently and am really looking forward to this one.

I've posted the list of items for people to try to collect. Feel free to start as soon as the 13th rolls around in your timezone (or earlier if you want).

I have also increased the available turncount to 30000.

Have fun and happy hunting!

I'll be probably playing only on weekend, but generated now so i don't forget otherwise.
    Randomed Candle ME Necro. I estimate his life in three digit turn count. But at least with Tough talent(+1 To) i managed to get Hardy at character creation.
    For third character i took Tree-born ratling duelist.

Question: what's an ego weapon? Thing like bloody dagger?
    A regular metal helmet with stats of at least [+4,+4] - regular means iron cap? Or any iron-made helmet?

Quote Originally Posted by AlterAsc View Post
    I'll be probably playing only on weekend, but generated now so i don't forget otherwise.
    Randomed Candle ME Necro. I estimate his life in three digit turn count. But at least with Tough talent(+1 To) i managed to get Hardy at character creation.
    For third character i took Tree-born ratling duelist.

Question: what's an ego weapon? Thing like bloody dagger?
    Something with an added affix. In this case, I specify prefix, so something like "corrupting mithril flail", "poisonous eternium halberd" or "green dagger" would be fine.

A regular metal helmet with stats of at least [+4,+4] - regular means iron cap? Or any iron-made helmet?
    Sorry, I meant the item "metal cap". Fixed.