Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ADOM Friday 13th Scavenger Hunt

Unfortunately I can't seem to find the time to play this now. Too bad, guess it will have to wait.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

A quick update from my game: I figured I'd start with the sturdiest of the bunch, Riesling the dragonborn dwarf paladin.
    On my way to the blanket I opened a tension room with orcs and large orcs so I quickly retreated. No blanket, but at least the downstairs and the shield were secured.
    Druid Dungeon was uneventful, I only peeked into DD:7 to generate Keethrax at character level 5. Puppy cave featured a herb level and a huge book shop. Unfortunately, when I arrived at PC:6 I found a 4-tile river between myself and the vault. A bit disappointed I retreated and cleared the anthive on my way out without getting a corpse. Upper UD levels featured another herb level and a ring shop, where I bought a =ofdamage and a cursed =of mental stability.
    UD:5 finally had a neutral altar, which I converted to lawful by sacrificing three chaotic monsters. I thought about getting rid of cursed right away, but took a look downstairs first where I found a jelly vault. After corroding the spear I went back to the altar and sacced until very close. I had two potions of water which I used on my ID scrolls and on my stack of stomafillia respectively (without that I wouldn't have had enough food for the slow livesaccing).
    Now that's where I am right now, and I'm seriously considering getting crowned right away. Not sure how many turns will be lost, but there's the chance of receiving Justifier which would make the coming tasks so much easier.

Also, being cursed sucked. Normal fights were managable with well trained First Aid countering the Critical hits, but monsters with special attacks were just brutal. There were four of these that I couldn't avoid to take on in melee, and all of them got their attack through: -1To from wight, -1St from Slow Shadow, paralysis from carrion crawler and sickness from green slime. Thankfully, Athletics gave me a few increases to counter the stat losses and paladin class power cured the disease.

My item list is not yet very impressive:
    1. An orcish spear of with damage of 1d8-8 or worse.
      Code:
      uncursed orcish spear (-7, 1d8-13)                                 [75s]
    2. A prefixed ego weapon of any kind
      Code:
         cursed weeping orcish spear (+4, 1d8+2)                            [75s]
         uncursed unbalanced orcish battle axe (+1, 1d7+3)                 [120s]
    3. An anvil
      Code:
      uncursed anvil                                                   [1000s]
    4. Stethoscope
      (starting euipment of my mist elven healer, who is waiting on the server at turn 0 and ready to die to the first door rune after I'm done with the dwarf)

Apart from that there's a wand of ball lightning at the black market and alraunia just needs to be poisoned. Of course I'm also collecting clothes and wooden sticks. I'll have to pass at least on the fish, because none of my characters has the Survival skill.

I'll post the vlg here as proof and then I'm hopefully ok to drop the anvil
    https://ancardia.uk.to/adom_users/cactus/riesling.vlg

Cheers and thanks for organizing! Enjoying it so far (even more so now I got rid of the curse)
    gremlin - karmic lizard, dark orc, acid vortex, staring eye - dragon turtle, fairy dragon, ogre lord, minotaur emperor - pit viper, orc butcher - greater mimic, dark elven wizard, carrion crawler, dwarven child - imp - ochre jelly, dark elven archer, king cobra, goodwife - kobold shaman, magebane eye, floating eye, quickling king - giant centipede, hill orc sergeant, mimic hivemind, greater claw bug, brown bear, large gnoll - giant bee queen, giant ant warrior, shadow centipede, kobold

Here's how things have been going for me:
    Dwarf paladin: Died in UD without finding anything useful.
    GE archer is done with a fair number of successes:

Did SMC to grab blanket. No sign of stairs. Retreated at level 5.
    Killed Kranach to get to level 6. Left his corpse with Munxip.

Acquired wicked knife on VD3. Screenshot.
    Acquired manual of bridge building. Screenshot.
    Finished collecting 20 sticks from kicking doors. Screenshot. Happy to ditch those.
    Use altar on PC:6 to remove cursing. Also grab and orcish spear and find an orcish spear of mayhem.
    Return to town to collect raider lord corpse and cute dog. Screenshot.

Identify all of my items. Use rust removal to make the waterproof waterproof blanket.Screenshot.
    Dove to DT. Thrundarr asked for Dark Orc. Killed for potion of literacy. Screenshot.
    Find an ochre jelly and dissolve an orcish spear. Screenshot.
    Went to fight skeleton patrols in wilderness to collect bones. This worked out to be pretty worthwhile as they also dropped a bunch of clothes and my second bread. Here's the clothes. Screenshot.
    Here's the bones. Screenshot.
    Stupidly ate my second bread.
    Went to the Pyramid, picked up two mummy wrappings, climbing set #1, and pickaxe. Screenshot.
    Head over to gremlin cave. Grab Phial, Climbing Set #2 and fluff ball. Screenshot. While I'm there, I rust a sabre on a water trap.
    Sabre broken in Griffyard. Screenshot.
    Grab Sword of Nonnak. Screenshot.
    R1 has a beehive. Get some gelee royal. Screenshot.
    Grab tome of donors. Screenshot. [edit]Nevermind, it was ruined. Guess I was too high level to get it properly.
    Sell a bunch of stuff to get 50k in gold. Screenshot.
    Get crowned. Get =Fire and Whirlwind. Bleh.
    Find ancient scythe on D:11. Use to make PorC. Screenshot.

Only 9k turns left. Need to start thinking smart about this.
    I need some assorted items--potion of poison, wand of ball lightning, loaf of bread. One more climbing set (I'm guessing the CoC one spawned in DT, unfortunately). I don't have enough strength to hold 5000s of logs in my inventory. I can get golden gladius, giant boar skull. Water orb is a big turn sink.

Get golden gladius. Screenshot.

Head to SMC. Teleport through to stairs.

Wand shop on UD7. Sadly, no ball lightning.

Arrive at HMV. Teleport to strange message. Also sell Whirlwind to get enough cash to buy the flesh golem. Screenshot.

Clear graves in Griffyard. Yields up a potion of poison and two RoDS. Poison my alrunia antidotes. Screenshot.Have 4.4k turns left.

Need to think about what would be most worthwhile. A longbow of hunting might let me have a shot at getting a couple of the corpses I need. GoGS will let me get the 5000s worth of items.

Collect 7 logs from Animated forest. Screenshot.

Kill a black dragon in wilderness. He drops a corpse. Screenshot.

Random drop of loaf of bread finally lets me complete the loaves and fishes one. Screenshot.

Wander over to Bugwil. First claw bug drops a corpse. Screenshot.

Grab a giant boar skull. Screenshot.

Kill some frogs for their legs and corpse. Screenshot.

Got swamp hydra corpse. Screenshot.

Less than 200 turns left. Only productive I can think of doing is teleporting into Darkforge and checking the weapons room for a two-handed sword. Get lucky and find one there with 59 turns to spare. Screenshot.

Collected items so far:
    Code:
    -A waterproof waterproof blanket 
    -A poisoned alraunia antidote
    -An orcish spear of with damage of 1d8-8 or worse.
    -A rusty broken weapon of any kind
    -A prefixed ego weapon of any kind
    -Raider lord corpse AND cute dog corpse
    -2 loaves of bread AND 5 fishes.
    -A giant frog corpse AND frogs legs
    -Exactly 256 bones
    -50000 gold
    -10 pairs of clothes of any kind
    -20 wooden sticks
    -2 Mummy wrappings (regular kind)
    -A stack of items of the same type weighing 5000s or more
    -Swamp hydra corpse
    -A dragon corpse (any color, baby is okay, drake is not)
    -A greater claw bug corpse
    -Giant boar skull
    -A flesh golem companion
    -The crystal phial
    -Golden gladius
    -Sword of Nonnak
    -Potion of literacy
    -Stethoscope (from the healer character)
    -Manual of bridge building
    -Gelee royal
    -A fluff ball
    -A potion of raw chaos
    -A two-handed sword
    Missing stuff for last character:
    Code:
    -A regular metal cap with stats of at least [+4,+4]
    -Wand of ball lightning with 8 or more charges
    -The worm-ridden adamantium chain mail of chaos named “Wormskin”
    -Amulet of order AND amulet of chaos
    -Rolf Axe OR Rolf Shield
    -10 gems of any sort
    -3 climbing sets
    -Dwarven child corpse
    -A tame cat (any variety)
    -A tame big dog (not to be confused with a tame large dog)
    -Black torc
    -Tome of donors
    -The artifact dagger “Sting”
    -The amulet of raw steel
    -Water Orb
    -Fire Orb
    -Golden ball
    -An anvil
    -Potion of cure corruption
    -Two scrolls of corruption removal
    So looks like I've got 20 left, I guess. Screenshots are in the attached file if anybody cares.

Assuming I don't die in the first 1000 turns like the paladin did, I expect I should be able to get most of these. Wormskin, probably not. Dwarf child, probably not. Sting, probably not. Don't remember if the healer is male or not, so Golden Ball might be unavailable. Healer doesn't have music, so dog and cat are unlikely, though they can be tame in other ways (my archer tried to tame a cave lion with some fish, but didn't work). With a bit of luck I can probably get the rest.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 01-17-2017 at 07:59 PM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Healer died without any additional finds. Got myself doomed pool sipping for the golden ball, couldn't recover from there.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

When a character is doomed there's often no way to avoid death. At least, in the case of your healer, she will know that in your hands she had the best possible treatment a doomed character can wish for. RIP

On a different note, can I dip unpaid black tome from the bookshop for a !rawChaos without angering the shopkeeper? Don't want to fetch Moonsickle because DH:2 is a bit messy
    gremlin - karmic lizard, dark orc, acid vortex, staring eye - dragon turtle, fairy dragon, ogre lord, minotaur emperor - pit viper, orc butcher - greater mimic, dark elven wizard, carrion crawler, dwarven child - imp - ochre jelly, dark elven archer, king cobra, goodwife - kobold shaman, magebane eye, floating eye, quickling king - giant centipede, hill orc sergeant, mimic hivemind, greater claw bug, brown bear, large gnoll - giant bee queen, giant ant warrior, shadow centipede, kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post

On a different note, can I dip unpaid black tome from the bookshop for a !rawChaos without angering the shopkeeper? Don't want to fetch Moonsickle because DH:2 is a bit messy
    I think the game does not allow dipping of unpaid items...like at all.

edit: my memory was wrong, correct answer is yes you can (I checked with raw steel shield, but that should not matter).
    Last edited by Soirana; 01-24-2017 at 08:26 AM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Leg three -- human necro

so, 30, 15,0 ... got dwarven child and missed bones.

From two sucessful runs ~10k turn are for getting basics (tp+control, boozefarm. etc) aanother 10k for developing char (getting stats up,big punch, maybe ankh, etc) and last 1k is mad dash for points.

Overall loosing starting prayers is major issue, after first 10k turns being cursed might be useful for wildreness encounter farming.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams

Just crossing some more items off the list:

• -Wand of ball lightning with 8 or more charges
      Code:
      uncursed wand of ball lightning (8 charges)                         [4s]
    • -A rusty broken weapon of any kind
      Code:
      uncursed broken rusty dagger of death (-1, 5d5-1)                  [10s]
    • -10 pairs of clothes of any kind
      Code:
         heap of 3 uncursed sets of clothes [+0, +0]                       [120s]
         uncursed clothes [+1, +0]                                          [40s]
         blessed ugly clothes [+1, +0] {Ap-1}                               [50s]
         cursed clothes [+0, +0]                                            [40s]
         uncursed clothes [+3, -1]                                          [40s]
         uncursed clothes [+0, -1]                                          [40s]
         uncursed clothes [+2, +0]                                          [40s]
         uncursed clothes (+1, +1) [+0, +3]                                 [40s]
         cursed clothes [+3, +0]                                            [40s]
    • -20 wooden sticks
      Code:
      heap of 18 uncursed wooden sticks                                 [540s]
      heap of 3 cursed wooden sticks                                     [90s]
    • -2 Mummy wrappings (regular kind)
      Code:
         uncursed mummy wrapping [+0, +0] {Ap-6}                            [50s]
         uncursed mummy wrapping (+1, +1) [-2, +3] {Ap-6}                   [50s]
    • -Black torc
      Code:
      uncursed black torc [+4, +2] (+10 spd)                              [3s]
    • -Golden gladius
      Code:
      golden gladius                                                     [30s]
    • -A potion of raw chaos
      Code:
      uncursed potion of raw chaos                                        [2s]
    • -Gelee royal
      Code:
      uncursed lump of gelee royal                                        [3s]
    • -Potion of cure corruption
      Code:
      blessed potion of cure corruption                                   [2s]

https://ancardia.uk.to/adom_users/cactus/riesling2.vlg

I'm at 20k turns now, but real-life time will be more of an issue. Instead of continuing with the paladin, I'll try to have my DE archer go for Kranach/puppy/Yrrigs next.

Got the archer started with Kranach quest, VD and PC:

• -Raider lord corpse AND cute dog corpse
      Code:
      raider lord corpse                                                [120s]
      cute dog corpse                                                    [60s]
    • -Manual of bridge building
      Code:
      huge manual                                                       [100s]

https://ancardia.uk.to/adom_users/cactus/rioja.vlg

A final session with the paladin to collect as many additional items as possible:

First, I sold the golden gladius and the black torc to Leggot to get 50k gold:

• -50000 gold

Code:
    52606 gold pieces                                                 [526s]
    https://ancardia.uk.to/adom_users/cactus/riesling3.vlg

and used that gold to buy the flesh golem:
    • -A flesh golem companion

https://ancardia.uk.to/adom_users/cactus/riesling4.vlg

Then I visited the graveyard, which gave me an eternium flail of mayhem (+0, 6d4+16), and gremlin cave (w/o teleport). After that I bought back the black torc in order to find a giant boar and called it a day at ~23k turns:
    • -Sword of Nonnak
      Code:
      sword of Nonnak (+2, 4d3+2) [+2, +2] {Wi+5}                        [80s]
    • -A fluff ball
      Code:
      heap of 3 fluff balls                                               [6s]
    • -The crystal phial
      Code:
      crystal phial                                                       [2s]
    • -3 climbing sets
      Code:
      heap of 2 uncursed climbing sets                                  [360s]
      climbing set                                                      [180s]
    • -Giant boar skull
      Code:
      giant boar skull                                                  [300s]

https://ancardia.uk.to/adom_users/cactus/riesling5.vlg