Thread: Manual.txt File in Steamapps/Common folder?

Default Manual.txt File in Steamapps/Common folder?

Hi.

How up to date is the manual text file supplied with the Steam version of ADOM?

The reason I ask is that though the copyright date is listed up to 2016 the manual talks about loading the game from a command prompt - not exactly how it's done on Steam .

The manual also only mentions game releases up to 0.9.9 Gamma 16.

So, is the file just a legacy document or are the stats up to date for the latest version of ADOM?

Quote Originally Posted by Old One Eye View Post
    Hi.

How up to date is the manual text file supplied with the Steam version of ADOM?

The reason I ask is that though the copyright date is listed up to 2016 the manual talks about loading the game from a command prompt - not exactly how it's done on Steam .

The manual also only mentions game releases up to 0.9.9 Gamma 16.

So, is the file just a legacy document or are the stats up to date for the latest version of ADOM?
    Gameplay is up to date as far as i am aware. Stuff like license, etc (we had discussion whether the postcard address is correct in that document) not so much.

Steam in theory allows extra commands at launch (right click on game, properties, set launch options) -- not sure these hold for adom (I used some for Do, but these were made for steam).

Gama mentions mostly go in thank you list, so you can expect these to stay.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)