Thread: Failed to deactivate Vile Spirits (player ghosts) on Mac?

Thumbs up Failed to deactivate Vile Spirits (player ghosts) on Mac?

Just started playing on Mac. Playing melee characters and got obliterated by an early vile spirit so decided to turn them off.

Edited my adom.cfg and added the bottom line:

Code:
    Starvation_Warning     = true
    Walk_Carefully         = true
    Zap_Wands_In_Hand      = true
    Ghosts_Deactivated     = true
    Reloaded the game, then ran into another Vile spirit a few games later that triple-shotted me in a single turn from around 50hp to -26

Playing the latest Steam release version...

1) Vile Spirits suck
    2) How do I turn them off? What did I do wrong here?

Maybe a mac issue. Code seems to be right and works in windows steam version just fine like that. And I agree Vile Spirits suck, they are too deadly and I lost many characters to them.

I checked spelling and seems correct, only difference I can see is having it last, since I'm a bit OCD I have the lines in alphabetic order but I'm pretty sure thats supposed not to matter.

I didn't like spirits because when I was playing careful with a weak character combo it would get obliterated by a vile from a powerful character that I had played a bit sloppy.
    It adds to early game difficulty a part of adom which most ppl already consider the hardest part.

I guess I'll play some more to see if I did something dumb like not saving adom.cfg. If it reoccurs I'll file a bug report. Thanks!

It could also be that saved games already have the config loaded - so if you loaded a game it might have the old config settings instead of the new ones.

I see similar issues with a lot of 4x games I play/edit. - In which case starting a new game will fix it.

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family