Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One step from UltraEnding

Unhappy One step from UltraEnding

I want to cry.
    I had a lot of stupid deaths but that one is just... something.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"was sacrificed by a solar to his gods." - c'mon, there has to be a good story to this, those don't spawn normally

uh. Well. The story.
    I had troubles with that god before because I prayed too much (he think that was too much). Once he healed me one last time when I was running from 9 Great red wyrms AND summoned solars too in the same turn. What a kid.
    After that I didn't pray at all, shifted to C- to complete Demented ratling and Old crone quests (interesting thing, I also shifted to N using gray altar after picking Old crone first quest and everything was fine, she gave me second quest when I was neutral)
    After that when I collected all three artifacts one thing left to do - shift to L, make god happy and then L+ and crowning.
    So, I stand to the altar of white marble and was prepared to 'equipment turn to dust' having some useless items equipped on me:
    1. Sacrifice 1 gold coin
    2. *YOU MUTHAF**ER HOW YOU DARE! TAKE THAT!* Solars spawned
    3. Ok kid summon what u want just shift me to L. Sacrifice 1 gold coin
    4. Solar screams prayer to his gods. Bye bye you died!

Well, now I know that solars can do that. And also I know that neutral gods don't summon their divine army, so I probably should swap from C twice: once to N, then to L. Because even if something weird will happen again, they can't sacrifice me because i'm not ChAoTiC

Summary: totally my mistake, I should leave altar after solars spawned. And I should first go to gray altar (I had that idea, but was hurry too much to complete the game)

*sry for poor english btw*

well. Seems I'm doomed in some way.
    My next assassin still alive but no ultra-ending for me. The God crowned me when I wanted him only heal me in blue dragon caves. I wasn't even 'extremely close'! Maybe 'very close' or even less, but this time I almost didn't asked god for help whole game. OMG.
    I will never have same powerful assassin again T__T (found around 8 of PoGA in early game and wand of wishing with 5 charges, and had cloak of Oman for precrowning)
    ___
    IS THERE any way I don't know to complete Ultra as fallen champion?

Angry

Feels bad man

Hehe. Pretty nice setup from the L god there

Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by shrdwdr View Post
    Unfortunately not.

Quote Originally Posted by shrdwdr View Post
    well. Seems I'm doomed in some way.
    My next assassin still alive but no ultra-ending for me. The God crowned me when I wanted him only heal me in blue dragon caves. I wasn't even 'extremely close'! Maybe 'very close' or even less, but this time I almost didn't asked god for help whole game. OMG.
    I will never have same powerful assassin again T__T (found around 8 of PoGA in early game and wand of wishing with 5 charges, and had cloak of Oman for precrowning)
    ___
    Did you do a precrown?
    That sort of messess up the piety message information and will say you're lower than you actually are.

Yep, I always try to precrown asap

I hate this game so much.
    I had blessed ring of ice equipped on my finger! COME ON! Damn, that was really promising character. Saved Khelavaster, no cats killed, good attributes... eh. Was just hurry to meet the cat lord.
    #####
    [g]enerate new character

Well. Seems that Ultraending is not for me. I'm tired of stupid deaths. Everything was nice (alive Khelavaster, no cats killed, nice stats, good artifacts I just found from regular mobs [whirlwind, true aim, crown of leadership], and got Vanquisher for precrown) but I found that ordinary ring in water dragon cave.
    ___
    'Wow nice I'll just steal it, ez pz, I did that before, just coward and teleport'
    @
    dive in the cave
    @
    don't cast teleport, don't waste your mana, wait for your teleporting powers
    @
    ugh, turtle. Here we go, I'll just kill it
    @
    ...you died
    ___
    greed and stupidity, nuff said. I definitely need a break