Thread: I donated $40 in 2013 but I have no Steam key....

Default I donated $40 in 2013 but I have no Steam key....

I've had a bit of a hiatus for the last few years and come back to start playing again and.....

I donated $40 in May 2013 but I have no Steam key....or any access to one on the portal through my login despite it mentioning steps 1 and 2 (donation $40+ ) as displaying having access to one when you log in..

is that normal? Of course I donated before ADOM was released on Steam...

Obviously I have access to ADOM Deluxe (non-public and pre-Steam due to my donation and my original emails) - I've just downloaded the latest version on there - 2.3.5 (r78) and waiting for 2.3.6 to appear on there...

I emailed Thomas (and to be fair perhaps I didn't make it clear to him in my first email that I'm a donator - which I rectified in a reply email) but his first response was updates will be coming more frequently on Steam and public release soon starting with 2.3.7....and that he's shattered his arm a year ago and waiting for surgery on the 15th (ouch).

With all due respect guys I didn't donate $40 4+ years ago to wait for a public release to get the latest version. Do the 1666 donors in the Crowdfunding campaign 2012 have Steam keys? Awaiting Thomas' second email....

Regards,

Tony.

Hi Tony, yes, most of Thom's campaign backers have received our Steam keys for ADOM Deluxe and indeed our copies of the ADOM Lite RPG!

There have been ongoing issues since the end of the campaign regarding some people that pledged not having yet signed into the Backer Portal to enter their personal details for inclusion in the game.
    If you've been away since you donated, it's possible that your key is locked behind that process being incomplete.
    The best thing I could suggest at this point would be to reply to Thomas (as you have done) explaining that you donated to receive a key and have potentially missed out on the portal, and ask for instructions.

Hope his surgery goes well, too...
    You constantly practice. You feel exhausted!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelibath View Post
    Hi Tony, yes, most of Thom's campaign backers have received our Steam keys for ADOM Deluxe and indeed our copies of the ADOM Lite RPG!

There have been ongoing issues since the end of the campaign regarding some people that pledged not having yet signed into the Backer Portal to enter their personal details for inclusion in the game.
    If you've been away since you donated, it's possible that your key is locked behind that process being incomplete.
    The best thing I could suggest at this point would be to reply to Thomas (as you have done) explaining that you donated to receive a key and have potentially missed out on the portal, and ask for instructions.

Hope his surgery goes well, too...
    Thanks for your reply, checking the portal I come under the bracket for either points 1 (Donated $40 or more) or 2 (seeker level $40 or more donator). I do notice that an address is needed for ADOM lite which expired 2 months ago as mentioned at the bottom, tbh I'm not that worried about that, I'm sure it's cool and all...but when I log in to the portal all I get is a link to the arcadia/secure site, it tells me the username and password to log into it to get the Deluxe (non-public) version on there (latest is 2.3.5) but nowt else, no mention of any Steam access or key... Confuzzled...

Cheers.

Forwarded this to TB, hopefully he can get back to you soon

Should now be addressed. This was a bit of a misunderstanding :-) Tony hopefully is happy by now ;-)
    Thomas Biskup
    ADOM & Ultimate ADOM Maintainer
    https://www.adom.de - https://www.ultimate-adom.com

Quote Originally Posted by adom-admin View Post
    Should now be addressed. This was a bit of a misunderstanding :-) Tony hopefully is happy by now ;-)
    Indeed I am, thanks TB and everyone for your help. I should've been clearer (as I suspected) in my first email thus the misunderstanding is entirely my fault.

Thanks again, and now off to play the latest version and get my butt handed to me by all the new stuff...

Regards.