Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: brimstone challenge(lvl18 at the moment)

You die...

got to lvl 19 and red dragon hits me hits me hits me hits me critically hits me, and it was over.. I really do believe this is possible.. you get wands from red dragons, so a wand of digging is only a matter of time..
    Im gonna try this again soon..

grues were a bit scary when they didn't want to die all the time..
    And with time(I believe thanks to candle born) you get to pray after hp again..

Im gonna complete this challenge!

Levelling up actually gives you more piety, so it's possible to earn an extra prayer or two, but not much of one. Personally I'd rather have wand or salamander for the cheaper casting, or maybe tree for the extra willpower. I suppose it is just a matter of getting into the right position and scumming dragons for items - maybe even a ring of ice or fireproof blanket. Takes a lot of rolls to get into that position though.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Levelling up actually gives you more piety, so it's possible to earn an extra prayer or two, but not much of one. Personally I'd rather have wand or salamander for the cheaper casting, or maybe tree for the extra willpower. I suppose it is just a matter of getting into the right position and scumming dragons for items - maybe even a ring of ice or fireproof blanket. Takes a lot of rolls to get into that position though.
    PP is only a problem in the early beginning, so salamander is a bit of a waste.. And by the time your at the ACW you will have enough mana/PP,
    but willpower could be good against the ACW..
    Still I think the extra prayer(saves your life) and extra talent is the best you can get..

EDIT:
    I used wand of monster creation to identify the wand, and it created a small fish?? what is that all about??
    Last edited by ragface; 08-12-2009 at 11:56 AM.

Without an altar, this challenge is perhaps possible, but really difficult. You need to find a corpse very quickly to stop the damage, and uou need to find a wand of digging, because you don't have the piety for a pick-axe.

With an altar, this challenge is still difficult, but orders of magnitude easier. By using the dragons to double your gold you can get many precrowns, crowning (hopefully fire immunity) and many, many prayers. I have completed the challenge using this strategy, but I savescummed a bit (before ToEF, to find an altar and to kill the wyrm).

You could try scumming yourself to level 50... you would then be able to find a use for the otherwise useless elementalist class power
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.