Thread: Classic UI please?

Default Classic UI please?

Skimmed the forums, no other appropriate place for this it seems:

I love the graphics. I really do. But I also love the stats at the bottom thing. That's what I played with for ten (15?)+ years. Don't force me to play with this new UI, please.

Just a few versions ago one could play with the noteye or graphical version orwhatnot with stats at the bottom as they should be, but not anymore. I've tried to play a few games with this new system and every single one of them has ended before they even started in a "I can't enjoy this. Q / y"

Not asking for much Creator. But then again not sure if you have totally fucked up the code since I know nothing about it, but I would imagine it wouldn't be that hard a thing to do. I mean you had it in there a few versions back with the ctrl + n, m.

This isn't even a rant or anything, I appreciate the creator and all. I just want to play ADOM, and I'm sure I'd ultra a few characters in a week (willing to take bets) if I could just get over this silly new UI. I just don't, can't, see how.
    Sometimes I wish I would have a smaller dick.

You can play in ASCII mode and have the stats all at the bottom in the classic fashion. Personally I've been playing for 10+ years as well and with each update I've always used the newest UI option, I guess it just isn't as important to me as it is to others. I think it might be the "ew new things" part of your brain (that we all have) refusing to accept this new UI because if you haven't even played through a whole game with it, how do you know you won't like it at least half as much? It's one of the things we love most in roguelikes, bang our heads against something hard to get past until we like it (Even if it is a different sort of challenge). In any case I'm not saying the new UI is better or worse, but if you try it you might end up liking it at least more than you do now.

[QUOTE=pjsb1;113308]/QUOTE]

I know nothing about coding, especially when it comes to ADOM but I'd imagine if it's already there (F10) it can't be that hard to implement that into the newest graphical iteration of the game. Dunno.

I'd give it a shot, but I'm a stubborn one. Days of gate closers, ultras are over for me it seems. Have fun the rest of you though.

I mean, you can always play the older version of the game. If you go into the game properties on steam you can select which version to use in the "betas" section.

Also Biskup has explained a few times elsewhere in the forums that with the new UI upgrades it would technically impossible to have multiple layouts/keybindings now, honestly I don't understand it but I trust that if he thinks it is impossible then it probably is.

Quote Originally Posted by pjsb1 View Post
    I mean, you can always play the older version of the game. If you go into the game properties on steam you can select which version to use in the "betas" section.

Also Biskup has explained a few times elsewhere in the forums that with the new UI upgrades it would technically impossible to have multiple layouts/keybindings now, honestly I don't understand it but I trust that if he thinks it is impossible then it probably is.
    Guess I'll have to take his word for it. Shame that it is so but it is what it is then. Meh, I'll just have to learn to ride the bicycle again I guess the next time I want to play adom