Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Musical tastes

Quote Originally Posted by warheart View Post
    Always liked some of their songs, like Parabola.
    You mentioned it and I itched to play that song. It's one of the few that I didn't play already and today i nailed it. freakin cool bassline if you ask me =P

Well, I'm alot into oldies aswell. Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones etc.

Modern music I listen to, is yeah, ofcourse Tool is awesome. (If you love drums/bass ;D) Queens of the Stone Age has great lyrics and is an awesome blues-metal-band in my opinion.

However, one of the bands I've spent most time listening to must be The Mars Volta. I love that kind of music where at first listen, it sounds like complete chaos and the lyrics are unexplainable etc. But the further you dive into it, the more things you discover along the way ;D All their albums are pretty different, but if you've never heard them I can reccoment acouple of songs: Tetragrammaton, Cygnus Vismund Cygnus, Metatron, and especially Ciatriz ESP :-)

A bit embarrassed to post this but rap, mostly. But i enjoy reggae, funk, some r'nb, jazz, electro, hippie rock (ie. Jimi Hendrix, The Who and the like) and good pop music like Michael Jackson, Duffy and lately Lily Allen

Rock, folk, reggae and stuff. Mostly russian, since there's only one radio station which plays it all (Rock mostly), and do not play anything I dislike, and it only plays russian music. (Наше радио if you are Russian as myself)

Had a lot of fun with listening Rammstein a while back, also love classics (Vivaldi and Chopin)
    Me is troll, me is moomintroll! Me likes ADoM... Me likes Dwarf Fortress... Dis two games is the ones best!

Oh, me likes zombies too!

Rock, metal, punk rock, powerpop, alternative, "emo"... (though I don't like that classification, it's how most people recognize a lot of alternative music).

Probably my favorite bands are Rise Against, Three Days Grace, Escape The Fate, Anberlin.
    Wins:
    Creator, level 33 Drakish Beastfighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Per_Killer View Post
    Well, I'm alot into oldies aswell. Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones etc.

Modern music I listen to, is yeah, ofcourse Tool is awesome. (If you love drums/bass ;D) Queens of the Stone Age has great lyrics and is an awesome blues-metal-band in my opinion.

However, one of the bands I've spent most time listening to must be The Mars Volta. I love that kind of music where at first listen, it sounds like complete chaos and the lyrics are unexplainable etc. But the further you dive into it, the more things you discover along the way ;D All their albums are pretty different, but if you've never heard them I can reccoment acouple of songs: Tetragrammaton, Cygnus Vismund Cygnus, Metatron, and especially Ciatriz ESP :-)
    TMV is just awesome. One of my favs as well, just didn't mention it because i thought most already knew it. But they are simply awesome!

A bit embarrassed to post this but rap, mostly. But i enjoy reggae, funk, some r'nb, jazz, electro, hippie rock (ie. Jimi Hendrix, The Who and the like) and good pop music like Michael Jackson, Duffy and lately Lily Allen
    No embarassment needed! I'm a MJ and Lily Allen fan as well..=P. There's some good pop music to be found. You just gotta dig a little deeper than britney spears and you'll find it hahaha

Ugh. Lily Allen. Cannot stand her.

Taylor Swift, on the other hand, has some decent songs.
    Wins:
    Creator, level 33 Drakish Beastfighter.

Well, I enjoy rock and some trance/house, as well as bits of electronic music. Quite varied in taste, I seem to be. So here are my favourites: Rammstein, Depeche Mode, Placebo, Iron Maiden, AC-DC, Muse, ATB, Chicane, Garbage, HIM, Marilyn Manson, New Order, Savage Garden, The Bloodhound Gang, Weird Al Yankovic, Linkin Park, New Order, A-ha

Rammstein and Depeche Mode are my all-time favourites, the others come in and out of favor

Quote Originally Posted by pblack View Post
    No embarassment needed! I'm a MJ and Lily Allen fan as well..=P. There's some good pop music to be found. You just gotta dig a little deeper than britney spears and you'll find it hahaha
    No no no! Not about those, but because it seems (and i already did guess this would be the case) that most of people who play games like ADOM really seem to be into the heavier music, i was talking about my liking of rap/hip hop
    I don't think i've ever even heard of someone (besides myself) who likes Wu-Tang Clan and likes ASCII or PnP RPG's This really is problematic because all my friends regard me as a class 1 super-nerd and i'd really like to try some good PnP but....

Quote Originally Posted by pblack View Post
    Charles Mingus (best jazz IMO)
    Your opinion is correct.

Few favourites of mine:
    The Talking Heads - Remain in Light is the best album evar
    Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeorplane Over the Sea is also the best album evar
    The Beach Boys
    The Beatles

etcetera.

Portishead are good too, can't say I like Tool though.

For anyone whose got the whole 'I listen to anything' taste, go listen to some Indian Classical music. Beautiful stuff.