Greets all,

Veteran player, and I go way back. I've been dragging along my same "hiscore" file since my first win more than a decade ago.

Roughly 8 months ago, I put up another win on a grey elf (priest in this case). Standard win. I've never had problems viewing or recording new wins to my hiscore book despite there being many version changes over the years.

Getting ready to play a new class/character combo, and the first thing I wanted to have a look at was my score book to see classes/races I've played. Instead of showing me my hiscore file it crashes the game.

As an IT expert, I always keep numerous backups and I always back up these high score files after winning. I had three identical archives of the same file and they all do the same thing.

I'm positive it was working with a prior version of ADOM, and equally positive I have a non-corrupted version of the file, as I keep three backups of all of my personal files. I have a backup of this file from Feb 2017 right after my most recent win. For what it's worth I've always been an upright player and have never tried to edit the file - a quick file comp shows the file has not changed since it was last "view-able".

I'd hate to lose more than a decade of games because of a software update...HISCORE.zip

Is there any explanation? Has something changed with the hiscore imports, or is it an old entry causing a memory overflow? Or something else? It had been working as recently as February '17 and I haven't played since that time... all three backup versions I have are identical, and my guess is I've exposed some kind of software bug...?

Thanks in advance,

Shea