Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lawful

I did the girdle run once. It was really boring cause I basically skipped most of the game and just made a quick run right for the end to get it over with.
    There are far too many little things that can screw you up if you're not careful.

I got the girdle without even planning to on my very first win. I don't think it's very difficult TBH, as long as you just do things in a normal way without any fancy tricks. Maybe it's gotten harder somehow since, this was r21.

Well... maybe I'm not just always Mr. Nice Guy.

I'd probably have gotten the girdle several times... If blink dogs were neutral. There usually the main unlawful act that I do. I guess killing monsters then saccing back down to neutral is unlawful too so that would cancel out most games for me. Neutral is the best since it has the fewest downsides and you can crown super early.

I am super disappointed that the game has no interaction with the girdle and anything in the angle zone. I got it explicitly to test that and was sad.
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer

Quote Originally Posted by wheals View Post
    I got the girdle without even planning to on my very first win. I don't think it's very difficult TBH, as long as you just do things in a normal way without any fancy tricks. Maybe it's gotten harder somehow since, this was r21.
    I have a vague memory reading it was a lot harder before 1.2 in that if a lawful monster died that would also ruin your chances getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    I have a vague memory reading it was a lot harder before 1.2 in that if a lawful monster died that would also ruin your chances getting it.
    Yes, in 1.1.1 no lawful monsters could die. So no happy blink dog on the level could get murdered and you had to save khelly. So it was a race to the finish to avoid random monsters getting killed + an amulet of life saving had to be found. I didn't complete it then.
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer