Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uses of huge rocks

Default Uses of huge rocks

You can use huge rocks to block ant nests, break down doors and throw at mobs if you're very buff. And to train your St.

Could you maybe also use them to create stepping stones across rivers?

I have a feeling that rivers are a bit deeper than 1000 s worth of rock can fill. If I remember right, 8s = 1lbs so a 125lb block would get you maybe another 2 feet filled. If a river is deep enough to drown an 8 feet tall troll then it probably needs to be at least 10 feet deep, in which case a huge stone would do exactly nothing.

Huge rocks are also safe to dip into a potion of raw chaos for a chance to get slaying projectiles.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    If I remember right, 8s = 1lbs so a 125lb block would get you maybe another 2 feet filled.
    What unit is 's' because I always assumed it was 'stone' but just realized that none of the weights make any sense at all given 1 stone is 14 lbs. More than half a ton iron rations. Haha.
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrnyx View Post
    What unit is 's' because I always assumed it was 'stone' but just realized that none of the weights make any sense at all given 1 stone is 14 lbs. More than half a ton iron rations. Haha.
    It's Adom weight unit...

http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/Weight

1s is 50grams so iron ration is 5kg (does not make sense either) and large rock is 50kg... not a thing to stop rivers with. Common density is like 2.5g/cm3 for rocks so 20.000cm3 - 100x40x50 -- it's sizable, but not a dam by itself. No, being hit with such projectile in a head....
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrnyx View Post
    I'm wondering what food is packed into a large ration? The world's heaviest and least nutritious rice cake?

One zero should be removed from both iron and large rations, keeping their average nutritional value. But then all the other types of food would have to have their weights revised and that's probably not going to happen.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Trolls get a bonus when sacrificing huge rocks.

Regarding the weight of rations...If they included water, it could be a bit more reasonable. Water is heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by megamole View Post
    I'm wondering what food is packed into a large ration? The world's heaviest and least nutritious rice cake?
    A couple of dry biscuits, delivered in a stone crate.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.