Thread: So is the whip of the vampire snake supposed to be this ridiculous?

Default So is the whip of the vampire snake supposed to be this ridiculous?

I mean, I figured it would cap out after a while. It starts off weak enough:

whip of the vampire snake (-2, 5d3+7) {Dx+7} (+7 spd)

Not too major. A decent whip overall.
    I figured it would be a slow power creep as I kill stuff with it, up until some sort of cap.
    But right now my whip is:

whip of the vampire snake (+16, 5d3+26) {Dx+39} (+39 spd)

And I've just gone past the wall of fire. lol
    I mean, sure, it doesn't really grant any special powers other than the poison resist... but it's just getting bigger and bigger and making it easier and easier to slaughter stuff.
    I don't really mind that, being able to one shot enemies is nice. But it seems kinda broken.

Yes, there are several weapons that increase in similar fashion and I think they increase too much too fast.

There is one shoddy 2h axe which is maybe not as op (stat increase is also toughness).

There are several old "useless" artifacts and a lot of the new who are preserver/executor kind of good.

Cool find for new players, experienced players probably need to limit themselves in some way.

Expect to end the game with it at about +45 speed so, yeah it's stupidly strong. It's also very fun though, so enjoy. Also, dx is the damage stat for whips meaning that it ends up being like a Big Punch that also happens to dump you 40 str. And make you 50% faster.

I'll be sad to see it nerfed even if it does probably deserve it.

The worst part is speed and Dexterity - just by having it in your hand your character starts to be incredibly good in archery, and evades missiles like a pro.
    And speed means you can outrun everything but quicklings.
    I wouldn't be so concerned about its melee damage, though, even with the dexterity bonuses to it.
    Last edited by SinsI; 01-25-2018 at 05:44 AM.

I found it too in my current game. It has stopped increasing at +47(!) bonus to dex and speed. I managed to get Grand Mastery in Whips too, and 99 in dex. Fun for a while but a bit too powerful IMO