Thread: ADOM Omnipotence Bounty ~~~ $50 USD Prize!

Default ADOM Omnipotence Bounty ~~~ $50 USD Prize!

Announcing the ADOM Omnipotence Bounty! This "competition" will be a bit different... The goal is to figure out how to read the fabled Scroll of Omnipotence! For those who don't know, the Scroll of Omnipotence has long been a source of mystery in ADOM, mentioned casually throughout the game in secret places... many didn't think it actually existed. Well, those people were correct... until recently. It can now be found in one of the most difficult areas of the game, the Final Ultimate Quest, and just getting there is a challenge in itself!

Due to the complexity of the task, and the amount of time that will probably need to be invested, I figured I would make the bounty a bit more enticing... I am offering a **$50 USD** prize to the first person that reads the scroll and provides proof. In order to claim the prize, you must only provide a detailed explanation of how to read the scroll. This explanation *will* be tested and validated, and if that validation is successful the prize will be awarded. Finally, there is no time limit on this bounty... the prize will remain until the solution is found.

Good Luck to everyone that participates, and happy hunting!

P.S. This is the announcement posted in the /r/roguelikes Discord server. In order to claim the prize, you must submit your explanation to one of the admins (such as myself) there. Here's a link to the server: https://discord.gg/GnnjyYe

Cool. I am just starting up a new game to go through that extra content. I had to ditch my Drakeling Necromancer cause I didn't know about the new content when I'd started him (and had smashed a few random hostile dwarves already). Going Dwarf Assassin this time I think. Might go for Archmage if I can get lucky, I'd pulled it off with the Necro (due to some super lucky early finds).

Has anyone tried reaching the same requirements that a bard requires to successfully read the weird tome while having the scroll in their inventory? The two could be connected somehow...

15 years of searching spoiled for 50$ hmmmmm...

Well, it hasn't been spoiled yet. I had a few ideas if they haven't been tried already:

1. Must be Crowned and alignment N=, possessing the Trident of Red Rooster + Chaos Trinity (wearing them?), and read on the middle island of Teryino
    2. Same as above but in the space the Oracle is standing, or possibly other places of special significance (Heavenly area when L+?).

Quote Originally Posted by JagaJazzist View Post
    15 years of searching spoiled for 50$ hmmmmm...
    Yeah.. Assuming that there really is such a scroll now, 50$ is a penny compared to the magnitude of such a discovery and eternal fame.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    Yeah.. Assuming that there really is such a scroll now, 50$ is a penny compared to the magnitude of such a discovery and eternal fame.
    We know there's a scroll now, you can get it. We still don't know how to read it though.