Thread: Does Filk's level matter before you get the quest?

Default Does Filk's level matter before you get the quest?

Normally I only hit the ID at the end of the game, to kill Filk and get the Sceptre (if I'm doing that stuff).

I was wondering though, if going into the ID before getting the Filk quest mattered. If say I kill the usual Beggar to make him spawn on level 1. If I go through the ID and then come back when I have the quest to kill Filk, will I still be able to?

Yes, you can do that. He only spawns once you get the quest, and he only disappears if you leave the level with him on it.

Quote Originally Posted by hapro View Post
    Yes, you can do that. He only spawns once you get the quest, and he only disappears if you leave the level with him on it.
    I alwys thought that he does not dissapear, but moves to random wilderness encounter... Did something change?
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    I alwys thought that he does not dissapear, but moves to random wilderness encounter... Did something change?
    No. Someone on the discord found him in the wilderness in the latest version.