Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of the 90 day limit?

Default What do you think of the 90 day limit?

I feel like it is excessively punishing for those characters that want to do things on the global map - use Survival, train Bridge Building, catch Kranach, hunt some Bandits for Courage... Especially for those who just want to take advantage of their class features.
    And with all the new places to go and quests to complete, it becomes that much harder to do them all in a timely manner.

While the new bracers help, being almost forced to wear them is not good.

Background corruption in new versions is a joke. In older versions (but post resurrection) I used to get first corruption in the vicinity of Darkforge. Nowadays it amounts to maybe 1-2 corruptions all the way to D:50. That's for relatively quick game... but slower players have many options of corruption removal or aforementioned purity items.

Playing wiki spoiled it's no issue.
    For those who play the game blind it can potentially be an issue especially if you don't know where/how to get corruption removal but I guess they have bigger issues and it's a lot less corruption than it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by yhal003 View Post
    Background corruption in new versions is a joke.
    Very much agreed. I think background corruption is that weak that without wiki or prior knowledge you would not ever notice it.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Doesn't matter to me, since I don't think I've ever had a character survive that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahran042 View Post
    Doesn't matter to me, since I don't think I've ever had a character survive that long.
    Try playing, say, hurling ranger, and use Survival to catch fish for precrowing - you'll quickly reach the 90 day limit.

Quote Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
    Try playing, say, hurling ranger, and use Survival to catch fish for precrowing - you'll quickly reach the 90 day limit.
    That sounds pretty boring, besides; people are trying to stop chaos from destroying the world, not go on a fishing trip.

In my opinion there should be no limit.

The game should not end, and you should be free to roam with an option to end the game when you choose.

Maybe in the future .. the game will not end and you would be able to go to the next outdoor map made for player levels 50 and above. ... I'm dreaming ... I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    That sounds pretty boring, besides; people are trying to stop chaos from destroying the world, not go on a fishing trip.
    Some folks bring order to their lives by fishing. Don't be so narrow minded (-;

Quote Originally Posted by UFOsAreReal View Post
    In my opinion there should be no limit.

The game should not end, and you should be free to roam with an option to end the game when you choose.

Maybe in the future .. the game will not end and you would be able to go to the next outdoor map made for player levels 50 and above. ... I'm dreaming ... I know.
    You can free-roam indefinitely once you've closed the gate. The 90-day limit is in reference to background corruption and is, imo, almost totally irrelevant. Corruption is so toned down from 1.1.1 that it'd probably take 180 days before it was a noticeable challenge.