Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shameful question

Actually I think this could realistically come up for a new character who has gotten into starvation trouble. They could enter Munxip's shop naked, starving! and strained, while the floor is littered with stacks of large rations.

The RNG gods will make it actually happen, I swear.

edit: actually, scratch that - as long as you have coins to drop you can access the menu and if you don't.. xD

Oh well, it's still a flaw in the interface. Unintuitive and an unnecessary extra keystroke.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 04-09-2018 at 07:48 PM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

I'm an old player who recently picked up ADOM again, and while I was at first a bit vexed by the new inventory interface, I have grown to like it quite a bit. There are some kinks that need to be sorted out, like OP's complaint in this thread. And I find that pressing Shift+letter can be confusing between different interfaces, if for instance I want to choose a number from a stack, and it's set to inscribe item instead. But I think when these issues get sorted, the new system will probably be an improvement, even in the eyes of an old-fashioned fart as myself. Next up: how the improved skill interface has made it a son of a bitch to do the pickpocketing quest

As always,
    Minotauros

Quote Originally Posted by AgingMinotaur View Post
    Next up: how the improved skill interface has made it a son of a bitch to do the pickpocketing quest

As always,
    Minotauros
    I think easiest fix is to get rid of that quest...
    Last edited by Soirana; 04-11-2018 at 07:03 PM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Really? The "pickpocketing quest"? Didn't realize anyone had a beef with it.
    Last edited by Jeremiah; 04-15-2018 at 11:39 PM.
    AKA: Jbc
    1st win no spoiler & no cheating version 1.1.1
    Favorite Race Class Combo: Darkling Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    Really? The "pickpocketing [sic] quest"? Didn't realize anyone had a beef with it.
    Many of us have a beef with it. I do think it's good to have a quest to join the Thieves Guild (this is almost a tradition, it's just the way it is in all kinds of RPG sagas like Quest for Glory, TES, etc.) but it should be redesigned to not be a grindfest. In fact, pickpocketing itself is probably the most underwhelming thing in the game in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi View Post
    Many of us have a beef with it. ... it should be redesigned to not be a grindfest...
    How so? I would increase the returns a bit- too many mobs have nothing of value. But using the new skill to achieve 20 successes doesn't seem like too much.
    Last edited by mitres; 04-14-2018 at 04:35 AM.

In fact, pickpocketing itself is probably the most underwhelming thing in the game in my view.
    I see Pickpocketing, and raise you Woodcraft

Many of us have a beef with it. I do think it's good to have a quest to join the Thieves Guild (this is almost a tradition, it's just the way it is in all kinds of RPG sagas like Quest for Glory, TES, etc.) but it should be redesigned to not be a grindfest. In fact, pickpocketing itself is probably the most underwhelming thing in the game in my view.
    LOL, it is no where close to a "grindfest". Do you all not play MMORPGs? Nothing in ADOM is a grindfest. Try actually putting some skill ups into pickpockets, that will make it go much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    LOL, it is no where close to a "grindfest". Do you all not play MMORPGs? Nothing in ADOM is a grindfest. Try actually putting some skill ups into pickpockets, that will make it go much faster.
    In old versions, the interface made thief quest a grind as it was rather boring to apply the skill. Now it's much better. There must be some quest to enter a guild, I agree on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by moonshine View Post
    In old versions, the interface made thief quest a grind as it was rather boring to apply the skill. Now it's much better. There must be some quest to enter a guild, I agree on that one.

Either you are talking about a version from before nearly two decades ago or you are feeding me BS. You could still hot key skills in older versions.
    Last edited by Jeremiah; 04-20-2018 at 02:45 PM.