Thread: The degree of luck

Hybrid View

Default The degree of luck

Will Ultimate ADOM be as random as ADOM proper?

Some randomness is probably required to increase replayability to create a different world each time for example. However, as I see it, there are a lot of luck factors in ADOM that impair the gameplay by unneededly reducing the impact of player actions. For instance, many combat-related aspects like especially critical hits are a bit luck-based.

Critical hits happen but in ADOM there is the fate smiles intrinsic which keeps crits from killing you outright and instead they leave you at 1 hp. So things can be quite random but there are ways to make it fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezur View Post
    Will Ultimate ADOM be as random as ADOM proper?

Some randomness is probably required to increase replayability to create a different world each time for example. However, as I see it, there are a lot of luck factors in ADOM that impair the gameplay by unneededly reducing the impact of player actions. For instance, many combat-related aspects like especially critical hits are a bit luck-based.
    so let me get this right, you wan't a game without critical hits ? this is the bread and butter of role playing games and by extension CRPGs in all shapes or forms. I really don't get your point