Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diversity in endgame possible?

Give each class meaningful abilities as they level up, I'm not saying smith needs +2 dv/pv, quite the opposite, it should scale with armour level and be unique (yes, removing random +2pv from everywhere else except artifacts is part of it), having bards being able to tame monsters that are useful on D48, yes having necros being able to summon mini-skelly army on D48, yes having white necromancy having similar thing when your mist elf survived that long and not become just a fireball caster, thief/assassin should be practically invisible without invisibility and able to avoid any unwanted confrontation (or start it with huge backstab bonus, instead of current random 'do they see me, do they not, who cares, we'll have to melee them with 100% sneaking and stealthy anyways')... Each class starts with extremely different play style/bonuses, ends up funneled into 2 by late mid game, I don't think this is good, more powerful class bonuses and harder time getting a bard/merchant into a generic slasher would be more interesting to play, if you want a warrior playthorugh just choose a warrior and you got it

Quote Originally Posted by szopin View Post
    Give each class meaningful abilities as they level up, I'm not saying smith needs +2 dv/pv, quite the opposite, it should scale with armour level and be unique
    Fighters have % PV (from some armor) as class ability... it is regarded to be on the same level as less rain in the wilderness by experienced players...

on something like d48/d50... just read few scrolls of fam summoning, and couple of great earth elementals will take care of the most threats (probably anything not balor)...
    Last edited by Soirana; 04-13-2018 at 07:12 AM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Great, another example of poorly thought out class bonuses, who is starting a warrior thinking about that % PV at level 30 of 50? Noone, I think that each class should have inticing bonuses, unique to that class as much as possible that will make one go, oh yeah, 2 more levels and we get X, this will be cool to play (even barbarians get some class kill, the double dmg hit? after that it's all cosmetic really)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    on something like d48/d50... just read few scrolls of fam summoning, and couple of great earth elementals will take care of the most threats (probably anything not balor)...
    Bards should have that as a class ability for example, the fact barbarian or fighter can get it, ok, but need scrolls, bard should get ability to summon/tame few monsters every couple of levels, there, problem fixed, even if it will be lvl 50 ability at least useful (then again everyone finishes the game by lvl 30, maybe thomas needs some help from people who actually finish the game to balance endgame)

Great, another example of poorly thought out class bonuses, who is starting a warrior thinking about that % PV at level 30 of 50? Noone, I think that each class should have inticing bonuses, unique to that class as much as possible that will make one go, oh yeah, 2 more levels and we get X, this will be cool to play (even barbarians get some class kill, the double dmg hit? after that it's all cosmetic really)
    If i decide to roll a warrior i do it exactly with those lvl 30 and 50 powers in mind. MOAR PV!!! :P

edit[merge]:

Bards should have that as a class ability for example, the fact barbarian or fighter can get it, ok, but need scrolls, bard should get ability to summon/tame few monsters every couple of levels, there, problem fixed, even if it will be lvl 50 ability at least useful (then again everyone finishes the game by lvl 30, maybe thomas needs some help from people who actually finish the game to balance endgame)
    why should Bard be able to summon/tame any mosters ? this doesn't make sense. Music speaking to animals makes sense. We just need more kinds of powerfull animals or a minigame to befriend an dragons and wyrms with poetry XD Now that would be cool
    Last edited by Pustka; 04-13-2018 at 10:31 AM.