Thread: Load Saved Character Not Working

Default Load Saved Character Not Working

Preliminary: I haven't played the game in a while, but I have played on 3.0.6 - my currently release. So I started was running a darkelf archer and saved my game. So far so good. But when I went to load up my game, my current 'l'oad game button didn't work. The screen just flashed back at me. I like this run and I want it back. But no luck.

As far as testing goes I just started a new new game, named my character and saved, and then went to load game and it jumped automatically into the game I had just started. This is how it has behaved previously and I thought that was the new normal. I can't seem to access the list of saved games - I though that feature might have been removed. But now I can't access my character that's fallen through the cracks. It's in my Adom_dat > savedg under the character name but I just cant access it.

Can anyone help me uninstall the various components of adom? Some sort of full wipe so I can start fresh and see if this isn't some lingering issue from running previous instantiations of the game. Hopefully that will fix the issue - I'm running Windows 7. Also, if anyone knows, why isn't Adom listed as a program that I can uninstall in my programs list on Windows - it's like it too old fashioned for such things or something. Love it but it make uninstalling a trick, eh?
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer

Sounds like you have set the "Name" configuration variable. If this is the case, you should be able to fix the problem by clearing out this variable (either in-game with = or by editing adom.cfg).

Thanks Grond. You deserve your wand.
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer