Thread: Why does my game look different?

Question Why does my game look different?

So my game is viewed from a strict top down perspective: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1374168805
    However, everywhere else it looks like this: https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/stea...g?t=1518447026

Any ideas?

You have tactical mode turned on. This can be toggled with CTRL+m x t.

Oh wow, thanks. Would've never guessed tactical mode meant that.

I have been playing in the non-tactical interface, and have an ongoing frustration that -- as shown in the example Pray linked us to -- the character information (HP, PP, attributes) are displayed OVER a row of the dungeon. At its worst, that can do things like "make it impossible to tell how hurt an enemy is from the GUI" or "make me not realize what one of the monsters is." Is there a way to play in the more-artsy view, but with the sizing adjusted so that the whole 3D map is visible (i.e. starts lower on the screen than the lowest row of pixels displaying character information)?

I apologize in advance if this is a really, really stupid question. I've been playing ADOM off-and-on since about 1999, re-started a few weeks ago after maybe 8 years without playing, and have a lot of catching up to do.

Quote Originally Posted by fitzpa88 View Post
    I have been playing in the non-tactical interface, and have an ongoing frustration that -- as shown in the example Pray linked us to -- the character information (HP, PP, attributes) are displayed OVER a row of the dungeon. At its worst, that can do things like "make it impossible to tell how hurt an enemy is from the GUI" or "make me not realize what one of the monsters is." Is there a way to play in the more-artsy view, but with the sizing adjusted so that the whole 3D map is visible (i.e. starts lower on the screen than the lowest row of pixels displaying character information)?

I apologize in advance if this is a really, really stupid question. I've been playing ADOM off-and-on since about 1999, re-started a few weeks ago after maybe 8 years without playing, and have a lot of catching up to do.
    Make an RFE to make the height of health bars adjustable? Really not sure how they would stop you from seeing healthbars of enemies as they are nowhere near the top of row above, but if the covering is a nuisance it should really not be that hard to fix, all GUI elements are controlled by NotEye, so maybe it is possible even now to edit some value somewhere, not sure. ADOM has a history of things being editable in .cfg files, so maybe even such option would work if not many people share your frustration to warrant menu adjustments