Thread: Death by luggage

Default Death by luggage

I am now obsessed with finishing the Rolf quest. I have only played human wizards. I have a soft spot for them. So, I get the Amulet of Order from the sheriff and put it on right away. By the time I'm getting quests from Thrundarr or the Dwarven Mystic, I'm fully lawful and get Rolf's shield and axe. I methodically get the map fragments and get Rolf's quest. I'm pretty powerful by this point, but haven't thought about getting any orbs at all.

So, to kill the Stone Dragon King is tough, since he's really resistant and I haven't seen the improved fireball at all so far, I got to the library to get it. I'm eating stomafilla herb outside the library to read through the many books I've gotten and think, "What the hell, I'll learn the wish spell too... why not?". Of course, to hold up all the books and general loot I've been carrying around, I need to cast Strength of Atlas a lot, so I'm part way through the wish spell and see "Your great strength is waning" and think meh... I'll be ok. I just will be overburdened and unable to move, but that's ok. But, hunger hits at the same time and the next thing I know, I'm dead. "Buried under a pile of luggage" - very glamourous. Dumb death. Completely preventable and silly.

Wow! Finally got this one. I knew I got a new axe and shield (didn't know that they were the old ones that Rolf had modified. That somehow seems better).

Still can't go toe-to-toe with a greater Moloch however. Not as a 28th level wizard anyway... Still, decent hand-to-hand with the axe and shield. I stopped using a spear, even though DV is slightly less, the toughness bonus seems to make up for it.

Also, while taking on the tower of eternal flame, I have no ring of ice, so took off all the flammable stuff and forged on. About 20 steps in, my fireproof blanked goes kaput and I get out of there...

Still going. Need a fireproof blanket somewhere...