Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Scroll of omnipotence - ideas needed

Try giving it to Schrazzahn, his description has something with omni in it.

Yep - refused to take it. I even gave him 1.8m in gold which disappeared down a hole (?)

http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread...t-ending/page2

In this thread Grond said 'The first step is to recover the tree treasure.' - Quickling tree perhaps? Could try reading it whilst wearing the boots of great speed.

I did see that but I wasn't sure if he was being facetious - is Grond a developer?

I can try clearing the tree and reading it there with/without the boots. My current base speed is 500+ so if this is a legit clue it must be related to the artifact and not being above a certain speed. I think I'll spam the Mad Minstrel/Barkeep to see if there are any new songs/hints that pop up that may not be updated in the wiki, or buy 100 rat tails and use a potion of exchange to try and get 100 fortune cookies - an amusing image to see a archmage eating 100 fortune cookies looking for hints
    Last edited by Booster; 05-16-2018 at 02:59 PM.

"Tree treasure" is a reference to the somewhat infamous joke thread of the same name, which posited that you could recover a treasure by 'h'andling a tree.

I'd like to note that:
    1. Handling antediluvian jungle trees shakes some monsters out of the branches.
    2. There are a couple of highly-qualified lovebirds unaccounted for by the time that you have the scroll.

On the off-chance that this is a real thing, here are some things I tried with no luck while crowned L+ with the scroll.

Has anyone tried variations of these while being "extremely corrupted" yet? - just a thought, I don't have a viable character atm.

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    [*]There are a couple of highly-qualified lovebirds unaccounted for by the time that you have the scroll.[/LIST]
    Are you suggesting to give the scroll to one of them?

One simple idea someone could try: talk to all the NPC's with the scroll in your possession and see if they have a new quest for you. Maybe try with the weird tome in your possession, as well.

Probably has been tried already?

I also wonder if there are any race/class restrictions on reading the scroll. Maybe you have to be a bard to read it, just like only they can have any sort of success reading the weird tome? Or perhaps only a mist elf can become omnipotent?

I also wonder if it is a chaotic act to corrupt Bergbringer. If not, you could acquire True Strength and the scroll of omnipotence at the same time. Which then might convince the Seraphim of Order to help you become omnipotent? [edit: no, that is of course impossible - you need to dig up graves to get the map]
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 12-19-2018 at 11:25 PM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

I found a post, where some important ideas that have been implemented were originally suggested, by Small Bombs:

Quote Originally Posted by Small Bombs View Post
    -Busting the Thieves: Quest unavailable to chaotics, from sheriff after Kranach is done/gone. Alternative to joining the guild. Sheriff wants you to capture Yergius. "Do you wish to arrest Yergius, the Master Thief?" prompt will appear when you chat with him if you got the quest, which will make Yergius disappear and leave a staircase behind, leading to a small dungeon full of criminals

[ snip ]

-Antediluvian Tower: Alternative to Minotaur Maze. While MM has great rewards, it's also very obnoxious, making it a prime candidate for alternating with something less infuriating and rewarding.
    There's a Forgotten Ghost wandering the ruined city (it's described as indistinct humanoid shape). While it doesn't do anything other than wander silently, the Minotaur Mazelord will drop the "antediluvian book". It's unreadable and will crumble to dust if PC descends into the maze or leaves the map. If PC gives the antediluvian book to Forgotten Ghost, she'll speak in a language that can't be understood and fade away, this will create a portal that replaces maze entrance. Going into the portal will take us to ancient past ages ago, when the city wasn't ruined and this building was a tower. PC will appear in a nonruined version of the city map, and there'll be the Distressed Sorceress (described as a disheveled young human) standing in a corner of the tower, surrounded by enemies.
    (click link for full original post)

The Yergius quest was mostly implemented as suggested; there is a whole lot of 'antediluvian' stuff now, although it's not a literal implementation. But still, it makes me wonder if perhaps the Scroll of Omnipotence might be the key to transporting yourself to a past version of the maze, before it was ruined? There is the hint that you find the weird fire starter just lying on the ground there.

It is also weird that no one managed to obtain any quest so far from either Schwarzzahn or the master scribe. Schwarzzahn in particular keeps talking about 'an interesting deal' that he wants to make with you. It would be unlike TB to introduce a new NPC that hints at a later quest, without having any later quest (makes you think of the Assassin Prince). What is the key here? Perhaps he only offers a deal if you are head of the thief guild; or worse, if you took the quest to kill Yergius from the sheriff?

Then we have the antediluvian statues. All of them garantueed and linked to one of the elements (except mana). Why? You can get a short blessing for a prayer, can that really be all there is to them?

And the Antediluvian jungle, why is it there? It smells of hidden secrets. All we found so far is a few dinosaurs, what are we missing? The trees here are special, not only can you shake animals out, but it seems you cannot cut them down. Trying to climb the trees also results in a different message than usual:
    "You expertly climb up to the lower branchesof this huge tree but fail to reach the loftier heights!" (this was at climbing skill 100, with the thin and nimble corruption but not extremely light)
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 01-08-2019 at 02:32 AM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Has someone already tried reading the scroll with TotRR and chaos trinity equipped (say, with scepter in tool slot)?