Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Scroll of omnipotence - ideas needed

Can you equip the scepter in the tool slot? You could equip the trident or the scepter in your missile slot, I'm sure someone did try that already though.

Next on my list to try (in exploration mode) is to complete the volcano quest and make sure there is a dormant volcano next to the entrance of the CoC. Then I will kill Andor Drakon in the Nihilist fashion and teleport back to the surface, with the Heart of Ancardia equipped. All with the slim hope that this will allow me to survive on the surface just long enough to enter the Ultimate Dungeon. In 17 turns it should be possible to teleport next to the ultimate balor, kill him, grab the scroll of omnipotence and read it.

Most likely I will just die on the surface, but who knows. Becoming omnipotent just as the world is ending and the gods have died would be cool, right?

edit: Yep, died on the surface.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 01-20-2019 at 01:38 PM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

That gives me an idea, has anyone ever killed Andor without either the chaos stuff or the trident equipped? Maybe instead with a bunch of ‘pure’ items equipped? So you don’t become a god but don’t get corrupted to death after killing him.

Default Truesilver

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    That gives me an idea, has anyone ever killed Andor without either the chaos stuff or the trident equipped? Maybe instead with a bunch of ‘pure’ items equipped? So you don’t become a god but don’t get corrupted to death after killing him.
    I keep wondering if there is something worthwhile about truesilver.

Yeah, it's light and all. But can't smith it, stats are meh compared to the other higher metals. I wonder what happens if you're 100% kitted out in the stuff though.

There is a special message when you repair the broken truesilver battle axe that you dig up. That too is an unexplained open end.. it is not clear if repairing it actually changes anything.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    There is a special message when you repair the broken truesilver battle axe that you dig up. That too is an unexplained open end.. it is not clear if repairing it actually changes anything.
    Very mysterious. :-P

Given what Thrundarr has to say about truesilver, I suspect the material is just there as a bit of antediluvian flavor.

Seems like things have gone quiet on the omni front. Has anyone got any futher with it?

What's bugging me after trying a load of stuff is that there doesn't seem to be any hints in the game, unless I've missed something? At least with the ultras you can get little clues from NCPs but there doesn't seem to be anything about that scroll.

I also think its strange you get the crumpled scroll in FUQ too. I can't work out if that (or the trident) is significant. Any ideas?

I've been trying some stuff with Filk but haven't got anywhere. My thinking is that he is not needed to get the trident since you get the crumpled scroll from FUQ and if you don't attack him in ID then you can meet him in the wilderness and take him places.

Grond - were you being serious about the lovebirds? Once they run off into the sunset I can't find any hint of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrnyx View Post
    Anyone know what the elemental statues do yet? The first one being in the UD often. Maybe something with that? Although I know that I've seen one in the mino maze. Can you return there even if you've beaten it over the level cap? No, right?
    Maybe there is some other lead up piece of the puzzle
    I was thinking about these. They are all guaranteed apparently and have set spawn locations, although one has the chance to show up in Quickling Tree which is not guaranteed.

Has anyone tried reading the Scroll after finding and praying at all four statues? It seems obvious but I haven't noticed anyone try it.

Quote Originally Posted by tallestgirl View Post
    I was thinking about these. They are all guaranteed apparently and have set spawn locations, although one has the chance to show up in Quickling Tree which is not guaranteed.

Has anyone tried reading the Scroll after finding and praying at all four statues? It seems obvious but I haven't noticed anyone try it.
    Seems like all we've done is try things with those statues. Even though we've tried talking to every npc in the game as well. If I had to guess we either can't read it right now or we need some obscure set of items equipped to read it.

To your surprise you have to realize that omnipotence is a stretchable word and that you no longer are strong enough (maybe due to the heavy fighting before) to pass the Chaos Gate or even send malicious energies through it to harass Ancardia.
    you wonder if everything could have been different, had you made some other decisions in your mortal life...
    Could be a hint that avoiding "heavy fighting" makes it possible to reenter D:50 and close the gate after Andor Drakon's death.

Another idea: the scroll can be read if three special islands have specific monsters occupying them, e. g. Khelavaster in Terinyo, the Oracle in HMV, the Skeletal King in the ToHK.

Well I can confirm that nothing interesting happens if you get the scroll with a Dwarven Fighter with normal stats.

Does anyone else think that the goal is the scroll itself? My guess is that you can't really do anything with it. Just bragging rights I suppose.
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer