Thread: NPC Experience Levels?

Default NPC Experience Levels?

Are there standard ranges for the experience-qualifiers provided by the look command ["somewhat experienced", "moderately experienced", "experienced" etc.]?

Are the cut-offs static [a somewhat experienced monster will always be within a certain power-range no matter what level the PC is]? Or are the descriptors relative to the PC's level [where a "somewhat experienced" monster facing a level 2 PC would be much weaker than a "somewhat experienced" version of the same monster when the PC gets to level 12]?

I have a Dwarven wizard that just bribed a Blinkdog [in the Small Cave] into joining her cause. They plan on going back to the Druid-Dungeon to handle some angry cats. I'm just curious what the potential differential is between those "somewhat experiened" cats and this "experienced" Blinkdog.

Code:
    No experience          = Level  1
    Somewhat experienced   = Level  2 -  5
    Moderately experienced = Level  6 - 10
    Experienced            = Level 11 - 21
    Very experienced       = Level 22 - 31
    Highly experienced     = Level 32 - 41
    Extremely experienced  = Level 42+
    Last edited by Grond; 02-25-2024 at 09:31 PM.

Thanks. I also have a farmer that I am working with: I alternate between the two characters. This will help with keeping track of the pet dog's power-level--unless I can manage to obtain a stethoscope.