Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scroll of omnipotence - ideas needed

Default Scroll of omnipotence - ideas needed

I'm currently in the process of getting an Archmage ready and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to potentially read the scroll of omnipotence. In my current game I'm approaching silvernight to become an archmage and max everything I can think of (skills, stats, weapon marks), and I haven't closed the gate yet. I have the Crown + Medal + Trident, Weird Tome, and am at L+ alignment but I haven't crowned yet. Thematically I think that you might need to be N= to read it as being omnipotent would require being both of Order and Chaos, but that's just an idea. A few ideas I had:

1. Read it by the exit to Drakalor chain - I seem to recall the Mad Minstrel reciting a poem alluding to that, but that was many hours ago.
    2. Read it in the center of Terinyo - the island has increased power regen so maybe it is indicative of something
    3. See if some NPCs will accept it (seraphim, Rolf, etc.)
    4. Reading where the Ice Queen was standing
    5. Sacrificing it maybe? Can't imagine this would be the solution, but can be interesting to see what happens.

If anyone has anything they think could be the key let me know and I'll try it out.
    Last edited by Booster; 05-14-2018 at 07:38 AM.

There's also the possibility that you need to read it next to Andy. Like other new things
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer

AFAIK there is no known way the reverse the D:48 stairs once you close the chaos gate, and you need to close the gate before getting access to the ultimate dungeon where the scroll is found.

Tried wishing for "glasses" as that seemed like something The Creator might have put there, but it results in no messages and nothing being added to inventory, so a wasted wish.

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

Has anybody read it on the stairway on D:48?

I'm sure it's been done - I'll try that out for sure wearing the Chaos insignia + ToRR, though my hopes aren't high that is the solution. Maybe in the Mana temple on a converted altar, or maybe it needs to be read in each temple to see if there are any special messages to charge/absorb knowledge... I'll need to see if it is used up when read or acts as an artifact.

Anyone know what the elemental statues do yet? The first one being in the UD often. Maybe something with that? Although I know that I've seen one in the mino maze. Can you return there even if you've beaten it over the level cap? No, right?
    Maybe there is some other lead up piece of the puzzle
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer

Elemental statues? Are you referring to the turquoise statues that you come across on occasion (solemn aura dungeon message)? AFAIK those simply bless you if you pray on them and I don't think they are guaranteed.

If you didn't have the trident already I was going to suggest giving to the EM(possibly while crowned C) The strange message in HMV plus Khelly's comments about the crumpled scroll suggest that possibly EM was looking for the scroll. (And maybe he crumpled the other one when he realized it wasn't what he wanted)

So I've tried the following:
    1. Giving it to named NPCs (Khelly, Rolf, Thundarr, Seraphim of Order) - only Khely had a response. I'll try the Oracle as well as the demented ratling.
    2. Reading it in a few places (elemental temples, D:48 standing over the orb holes, Terinyo... need to try Ice Domain still
    3. Sacrificing it did nothing (I'm save scumming at this point purely for the discovery factor - the character reached Archmage status and defeated the Ultimate Dungeon legitimately)

I'll try crowning to N= and doing the above as well.