Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Scroll of omnipotence - ideas needed

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Death Generator View Post

Maybe a LOT of time has to pass for some reason. If you spend much time at all in the tree, so very many in game days pass. I've lost 180 days on an eating run in there before.... and the time requirement of the ancient stone circle comes to mind. Maybe try waiting 6000 years until the chaos gate reopens on it's own, like in the intro? (Please don't do this. My conscience is heavy enough.)
    I kept thinking "the trick must be to figure out how to read the Scroll of Omnipotence on the Chaos Plane" but that had seemed 100% impossible with the stairs reversed. The first part of this is test-able without doing all of the steps to get the scroll. You need a character who can enter the Quickling Tree to first win the game, then USE the tree on purpose to let 6000 years pass in game time (likely multiple enter-and-exits of the tree for food supply), and check on....I think the direction of the stairs on D:48?

It's time to roll a wizard and turn into an archmage to do all that stuff. Can grey elves reach 6000 years of age naturally? I might be forced to use potions of longevity and/or youth if not, I can't be bothered to play a mist elf.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

In 3.3.3 the scroll can't be read no matter what.

Perhaps one should wear a clean robe while reading the scroll. Because cleanliness is next to godliness! Lol

Maybe it was along these lines:

Code:
    if GetAttribute(Learning) <= 1000000 or GetSkill(Concentration) < 100
      ShowMessage('sadly fail to understand the cryptic runes...')
    else if CanBecomeOmnipotent
      ReadTheScrollOfOmnipotence()
    But the else branch was eliminated as dead code during compilation.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    It's time to roll a wizard and turn into an archmage to do all that stuff. Can grey elves reach 6000 years of age naturally? I might be forced to use potions of longevity and/or youth if not, I can't be bothered to play a mist elf.
    A gray elf dies of old age after 2020 to 2800 years. You'd have to wish for a whole lot of potions. A mist elf naturally reaches an age of over 40000 years.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Hi, I just tried reading the scroll with chaos trinity equipped, and trident in missile slot, but it didn't work... I also believe that there is something that should be done with that broken truesilver axe (and truesilver in general) that could unlock some history around Rolf background and explain why monsters in Mighty Hall want him dead.

I just tried reading the scroll with chaos trinity equipped, and trident in missile slot
    Did you also try shuffling the parts around (wield trident and have Sceptre in missile slot; try using Tool slot instead)?

Thank you for reporting on this attempt. It was my "good idea" of what to tackle, so now I know to bypass it and try my next one. Figuring out the scroll is challenging enough that I'm glad we're sort of team-tackling it.

I'm willing 2 bet the scroll falls into the 'does nothing' category.

I am curious though, what happens when you try to read it? Wiki doesn't say.

We have interviews from the Creator where he implies that it can be read. Such as here: https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/John...mas_Biskup.php

If you try to read the scroll, you get this result:
    You unroll the scroll with shaking hands and begin to examine its content. You sadly
    fail to understand the cryptic runes... although you sense that they contain the
    greatest prize of them all.
    The direction of research that interests me most at the moment is the Merchant Guild. I find it difficult to believe that such a special place offers nothing except an opportunity to rob it. Perhaps the ancient gray wyrm offers a quest under the condition that you are high level and have never pickpocketed, never became head of the thieves guild and never robbed a shop? Those would be prerequisites that you break without thinking in nearly every game.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.