Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Scroll of omnipotence - ideas needed

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    We have interviews from the Creator where he implies that it can be read. Such as here: https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/John...mas_Biskup.php

If you try to read the scroll, you get this result:

The direction of research that interests me most at the moment is the Merchant Guild. I find it difficult to believe that such a special place offers nothing except an opportunity to rob it. Perhaps the ancient gray wyrm offers a quest under the condition that you are high level and have never pickpocketed, never became head of the thieves guild and never robbed a shop? Those would be prerequisites that you break without thinking in nearly every game.
    Reason I was skeptical is because omnipotence is kinda hard to code, ya know? It doesn't just mean you're indestructable and can kill with a thought, those are just starters. And it's a personal thing but I find OP characters fairly boring to play, and anything that can conquer the ultimate dungeon is fairly OP... I suppose it's a prestige thing to say you've read the scroll successfully but that still doesn't remove the 'hard to code' part.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post

The direction of research that interests me most at the moment is the Merchant Guild. I find it difficult to believe that such a special place offers nothing except an opportunity to rob it. Perhaps the ancient gray wyrm offers a quest under the condition that you are high level and have never pickpocketed, never became head of the thieves guild and never robbed a shop? Those would be prerequisites that you break without thinking in nearly every game.
    Wonder if you would also need to have avoided any training with Yergius (we know that that's a chaotic act, and it's thief-affiliated), as well.

Uh, I was thinking the other day about whether 'omnipotence' has anything to do with NOT having been an Avatar of any kind (i.e. pursuing your own power instead). Which made me wonder how many of the prior attempts to read the Scroll were by crowned characters.

Last night I cleared D:50 with my un-crowned ME wizard, so it's onward to my first conversation with Rolf, I think.

Anyone brought the scroll to rooms with unknown special effect?

I'm back to trying this again, this time with a Mist Elf Bard... a really tough combination to get going but once you do they are phenomenal. Got very lucky with an early (really early) game surge of power that gave me the Drakish throwing weapon artifact so I was using that most of the game with an eternium rapier... Greater Vault in Jarl cave gave me all 3(!!) artifact whips so swapped to using the whip that slays everything. By a stroke of luck I received 1200 knowledge of Wish for the lvl 18 class power, AND used a statue to create a magically charged room in Jarl Caves... just need to find the book now and I can maybe make him an archmage, though base HP and PP are quite low so not sure how that will work.

Just passed fire wall and I was hoping for some new ideas to try here. I have a feeling the special statues have something to do with this together with the orbs somehow, but I have a few more days until I can start trying things so open to suggestions (provided I don't die first).

though base HP and PP are quite low so not sure how that will work.
    Mana orb is crucial, TotRR probably as well and an initial ratio of ~50/50 wishes for power and scrolls of corruption removal is probably the way to go.
    Past that point it's easy mode. Stockpiling items that give +Mana makes it easier in the end when stats drop.
    Archmage is a min/max minigame so great book caster, mana battery, L+ during the silver night and char level 50 should make any and all base HP/PP problems go away.

Remember to wear AoLS with the first few castings or you risk a very brief attempt at becoming an archmage.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Yeah all good, I've done a few archmages so no worries. I just got the ToRR and Stone Dragon heart and after IDing nearly every clothing out there found an eternium plate of life. Hit lvl 50 so just going to wait for silvernight now (day 66ish? SLB + teleporting everywhere is so nice for saving time). I took both trader talents to generate book shops and managed to have a decent size one spawn on D:8 so have been buying it out and managed to get a spellbook of wish too which was nice. This character should be good to try everything... though now that I think about the statues likely aren't connected to this as one spawned in the Minotaur maze and I have no way to get back there... seems like bad design if something needed for the end game would be locked out to you if it happened to spawn in there - that's just bad RNG/design.

The way I do archmage is also wishing for power + using mana orb and removing corruptions so I should be good. I'll probably hit the mushroom caves up for a bit to get the +pp/+hp ones until the mobs become too tough.

One funny note: I only managed to to get to Rolf when I hit lvl 50.. I was searching for ages for the random mob antediluvian map piece and literally backtracked on every place I've been looking for it... finally found it in one of the last places I looked - in the Ice Queen domain presumably dropped by a fire monster and picked up by a frozen zombie.
    Last edited by Booster; 07-14-2021 at 09:08 AM.

Tried a bunch of things but I really am stumped here... I also haven't been able to successfully read the weird tome aside from getting the cryptic message about a scroll or something to that effect

If anyone wants to take a stab at it I can share my savegames; my stash is next to the thieves guild, L+ alignment, never crowned and have save points at:
    1. Before reuniting Yggas and Ice Queen
    2. A few minutes before silvernight starts (magically charged room is in Frost Jarl Cave and the room is sealed off with walls)
    3. 13 hours or so into silvernight after I've wished for everything I can think of with 99 PoGA ready to drink)
    4. After drinking PoGA and about to dive to CoC (Have 900 HP and 5k PP, 450 speed... watch out for ultimate doppelgangers)
    5. After closing the Chaos gate (fire starter is in stash)
    6. After getting the scroll on omnipotence

Things I haven't done / purposefully left open:
    1. Unicorn quest not done
    2. Merchant guild never 's'earched for'
    3. Oracle is still alive

I wonder if eating the oracles corpse on top of everything would help, or if you could give the scroll to the oracle, have we tried saccing the scroll to the various deities? particularly the lawful orc god "The One Who Sees"

Just thoughts, I'm not actually good enough or patient enough to get the scroll so I leave that to others.

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

just a thought: I wanted to try luring Filk to different places (tree for example) but accidentally angered him in infinite dungeon and left him... he didn't appear in wilderness afterwards thus couldn't get red rooster... but! there are two emperor molochs at the end on the ultimate dungeon... and two crumpled scrolls... ...doesn't that mean that red rooster is neccessary for reading the scroll?

edit: so after cleaning last level of ultimate dungeon, went to kelly and tried giving him crumple scroll(s)... he said something like "it wasn't made for you" and that's it... no rooster

edit esit: now thinking about it... i was fallen champion, maybe that was what he meant... does he summon trident for fallen chmpions?
    Last edited by Hanenashi; 01-26-2022 at 06:09 PM.
    munch munch munch

Quote Originally Posted by Hanenashi View Post
    ... he said something like "it wasn't made for you" and that's it... no rooster
    That sounds like you had chaotic alignment?
    gremlin - karmic lizard, dark orc, acid vortex, staring eye - dragon turtle, fairy dragon, ogre lord, minotaur emperor - pit viper, orc butcher - greater mimic, dark elven wizard, carrion crawler, dwarven child - imp - ochre jelly, dark elven archer, king cobra, goodwife - kobold shaman, magebane eye, floating eye, quickling king - giant centipede, hill orc sergeant, mimic hivemind, greater claw bug, brown bear, large gnoll - giant bee queen, giant ant warrior, shadow centipede, kobold