Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: The Beggars Opera or: What about Poverty Runs?

Quote Originally Posted by Harpagornis View Post
    twenty was unable to get Tactics
    Well, tactics is rather weak. IIRC, it has a chance to do some penalty reduction and chance is not that great untill really great skill values. Or you can take one step back, mobs follow... and penalties are off for one turn...

EDIT: Twentytwo also got sickened from the second pool and after that he was doomed. Waiting and First Aid did not help while praying only healed him up again but did not remove the sickness.
    I think you need to pray twice (once healing, once to remove sickness) - but I am not sure it really works. Can always go back and talk to the healer guy (unless your self-restrictions are against this)
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Well, tactics is rather weak. IIRC, it has a chance to do some penalty reduction and chance is not that great untill really great skill values. Or you can take one step back, mobs follow... and penalties are off for one turn...
    You're describing Courage, not Tactics.

Praying twice did not work @Soirana as HP always got drained after full heal so the second prayer only healed up again. Visiting the Healer is an idea that i will keep in mind!

I hope that Tactics might give the push needed to harm the Ancient Stone Beast more constantly. As i dont think that level 40-50 will be reachable within 90 days its even more important. I dont wanna lose another run cause i lack DPS.

The Early pool sipping strategy forced me to restart for 56 (?) times until i found a pool on PC:4 where i got Death Ray Resistance AND Tactics. Finally. Now lets pray that the corruptions wont kill me again. Or another dumb random error.

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    You're describing Courage, not Tactics.
    Right. Tactics is even less useful, right?
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Tactics 100 will give +44% damage with BE instead of +30% (https://www.adom.de/forums/showthrea...actics+numbers).

Can someone explain me how damage is calculated? Whats the base damage of an unarmed monk? Maybe @Soirana is right and the damage boost is not worth the pain of pool sipping? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Right. Tactics is even less useful, right?
    Well, 100 tactics + berserk gives you something like +20% base to-hit and +14% base +damage. Maybe +10 to-hit and +5 damage in a typical mid-to-late-game, which is decent as far as skills go (comparable to +8 Strength).

Quote Originally Posted by Harpagornis View Post
    Can someone explain me how damage is calculated? Whats the base damage of an unarmed monk? Maybe @Soirana is right and the damage boost is not worth the pain of pool sipping? Thanks!
    Table of monk unarmed damage: https://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/Monk...l_Arts_Bonuses

The tactics damage bonus is calculated based on your total +damage in normal tactics (e.g. 1d20+20 = 20 +damage). Probably it will end up being lower than the typical character since you don't have rings of damage/slaying and monk unarmed has fairly low base +damage.

After another early-pool-sipping Monk died to chain-paralyze from a Frozen One i played on with an old save i had long forgotten about. Sssazikar the Monk already had all intrinsics needed for the later bosses so he started hunting orbs:

Fire Orb: Thanks to 345 speed and 27 Willpower the Ancient Chaos Wyrm was helpless.
    Water Orb: The poor Snake from Beyond was even easier going thanks to hit & run.
    Banshee: Acid Spit and tunnels made sure she never got in range (level 25 for switching).
    Eternal Guardian: With 135 speed this one was easy: Spit once and run down the stairs.
    Bunny Master: Digged through the walls for fast engagement and killing.
    Cat Lord: As he was still neutral Sssazikar waved a short hello and moved on.
    Air Orb: This one got tough as the Master Summoner brought in Quickling Lords, Vampires and - right before dying - some Molochs. Toughness got drained by two before escaping. Once healed up he played hit & run with each of them. Nice XP boost!
    Earth Orb: Thanks to the Rage Corruption and Tactics his damage was 1d35+44 with BE (level 27). Along with Find Weakness this proved to be enough for draining the Ancient Stone Beast slowly but surely using superior speed for constant hit & run.

Okay, Ssazikar I. got farer than his poor brothers and will hopefully face Nuurag-Vaarn soon. Even with Death Ray Resistance this one will be a tough nut to crack.

P.S. Only three corruptions so far: Blood Sweat, Poison Hands and Rage. Lets hope for the best...

Sssazikar managed to reach the Mana Temple facing the dreaded Nuurag-Vaarn:

Reaching the temple was painful thanks to all the traps around which forced some wait-healing before opening the final wall. Then all kinds of chaos creatures jumped upon him but - as he learned some good punching before - everything crumbled in one or two hits. Nuurag-Vaarns confusion proved to be a major pain and even a Willpower of 28 was not enough to constantly resist it. When he saw the Archmage approaching and turning everything dark Sssazikar moved around the next two corners which forced a prayer as Nuurag managed to aim several spells on him. When the next darkness went off he decided to go in for all or nothing using BE to dish out maximum damage. It worked. Somehow.

At the end Ssazikar managed to bring Nuurag-Vaarn down even though everything still was coated in darkness. As he never got hit by big numbers i assume that the Archmage either did not use Death-Ray or Ssazikar somehow managed to dodge it. However: The price for beating Nuurag-Vaarn was high!! Strength got drained by five points and the corruptions went up from four to seven. Ouch!!

Corruptions after Mana Temple: Blood Sweat, Poison Hands, Rage (!), Hooves, Larger Eye, Sun Hater, Thin and Nimble. All in all nothing gamebreaking even though Poison Hands + Thin & Nimble might cause satation problems soon. We will see...

On D:50 dozens of Chaos Monsters jumped on Sssazikar and it took quite some time before the way was free reaching the first lever. He played hit & run like never before giving the guarding Balor no chance until also the second lever was pulled. Game over? Not really. Cause on his way out another Balor had pulled the second lever again forcing him to get back. What made things even worse was his light hating corruption which had turned nearly the whole level into darkness. It was too late until he realized that he was attacked from all sides by not only the Balor but also from Ghost Lords and Greater Earth Elementals that moved through the walls. With no way out and failing his last prayer the Ghost Lords managed to bypass his protections... you age... you die!

Here are the details: