Thread: Huge aligment drop at Ice Queen battle

Default Huge aligment drop at Ice Queen battle

This is slightly spoily about the Ice Queen Domain, but not a lot.

I just had my third character who experienced a large shift toward chaotic in the IQD. This particular character:
    -had been N-
    -put on a blessed amulet of order (to start moving toward crowning eligibility) a bit before heading west
    -picked up, from one square, a potion I'd potential willpower and about 3k gold. This made the ice creatures hostile, as expected, so he ball-spelled the 4-5 who came around him.
    -he is now C, having moved from N- to C (at level 20) in about 6 turns or so.

I've had two prior characters (who reached IQD at L) who I suddenly discovered were chaotic, but that was farther along (in one case, in the frost giant caves; in the other, when I went back to the ice queen for quest reward ). Because of that, I wasn't sure exactly where the assignment drop had happened.

Have other people experienced this / do we know why? Is killing the ice-denizen victors from the battle somehow treated like killing beggars, even if they are hostile? Does pickling up those items somehow have a massively multiplied variant of the alignment effect of shoplifting?

I don’t remember that dropping my alignment in earlier versions, but I normally don’t attack them either due to the coldness rebound.

Looks like it's bugged in a similar way to the monsters above Rolf (5970). I doubt this is intentional, since there's no alignment drop for killing hostile ice monsters with other methods.

If the ice creatures win the battle, they are peaceful and killing them is a very chaotic act (as is killing the invisible stalkers in the ice queen throne room). If you pick up the items after the battle, they get aggressive, but you still get an alignment drop for killing them and AFAIK it's intended, since you're not supposed to pick up any items there in the first place. I suppose that even picking up items in the battle room is a chaotic act, but i am not sure about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlightfull View Post
    If you pick up the items after the battle, they get aggressive, but you still get an alignment drop for killing them
    You don't get an alignment drop for killing them, only for hitting them with ball spells.

I suppose that even picking up items in the battle room is a chaotic act
    It isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    You don't get an alignment drop for killing them, only for hitting them with ball spells.
    Well, last time i did it i used a mix of melee and offensive alchemy, and i got the alignment drop, although i do not know exactly what caused it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlightfull View Post
    Well, last time i did it i used a mix of melee and offensive alchemy, and i got the alignment drop, although i do not know exactly what caused it.
    The offensive alchemy caused it; it's treated the same way as ball spells for the purposes of hitting "peaceful" monsters.