Thread: Two visual problems persisting even after maxing detail level

Unhappy Two visual problems persisting even after maxing detail level

Hello everyone,

I've reinstalled ADOM 3.0.6 (public release) and changed the settings to my usual configuration. Then while playing, I had the idea that I could get rid of the blood splatter effect (happens when I damage a monster or get damaged myself) by lowering the detail level in the expert settings. I lowered it to 94, which I thought would be sufficient enough to remove all character decals.

But then two strange things happened: 1) the monster sprite in the main menu and in the monster memory became really squat and flat, and 2) the walls now have a top-down look compared to the cross-sectional look of the default setup. I posted two photos (one for each issue) in the attachment.

ADOM 3.0.6 bug 2 - Top down style walls instead of walls rising up.JPGADOM 3.0.6 bug 1 - Flattened showcase monster in main menu.JPG

Any help will be much appreciated, thank you!

In the first screenshot it looks like you have tactical mode turned on. You can switch this off with CTRL+m (open NotEye config) -> x (ADOM specific options) -> t (tactical mode on/off).