Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Appraising is worthless.

Also I am not sure if group tiers are the best way to go about a ranking system. I'll have to think about that one.
    AKA: Jbc
    1st win no spoiler & no cheating version 1.1.1
    Favorite Race Class Combo: Darkling Farmer

I also find law to be useful. It let me discover that draining health from non-chaotic is a chaotic act so my L+ necromancers use shadow touch often and don’t lose alignment

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    I, for one, like hurthling necromancers. Yeah sure, food pres. stores corpsies long enough for undead slave usage, but I just Like having unlimited options I never use. Ok, so my reasoning sucks. It’s still one of my favorite combos plus strength of atlas lets me have unlimited corpse storage I don’t bother with precrowns. They aren’t worth it IMO artifacts are plenty, plenty early.
    I suppose cooking's main utility comes in preserving corpses, and its usefulness will relate to how a player uses this aspect.

I also find law to be useful. It let me discover that draining health from non-chaotic is a chaotic act so my L+ necromancers use shadow touch often and don’t lose alignment
    However, once you know that Law loses its usefulness. Once you know what all the chaotic acts are Law becomes a lot less useful.

Maybe what would work is a survey that let's people rank each skill by their own standards then take a generalized consensus. I am not sure there would be a lot of replies, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    However, once you know that Law loses its usefulness. Once you know what all the chaotic acts are Law becomes a lot less useful.
    Technically true, but a reminder every now and then can be helpful! Especially when you’re sleep deprived because your kids kept you up all night crying slowly driving you insane.

Yeah, plus the advantages of the newly enhanced talents seems to diminish TH’s value even further.
    I was just thinking that this reminds me of the infamous treasure hunting thread, then it turned into a continuation of the treasure hunting thread.

By the way, cooking is a useful skill for chaos knights, because they have no other easy supply of food. It is also good for Halflings because they can use it to reach high piety very easily.

Don't think I ever used Appraising, but reading Grond I'm starting to think I should.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 08-13-2018 at 06:40 PM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

One of the advantages of the newly enhanced skilled talent tree to enhance those skills with poor starting values, so suddenly a mist elf necro no longer has to punish themselves to increase alertness, dodge, and appraisal

The best part is that it seems to enhance the skills you acquire at a later time too!

On a side note, I used to firmly believe TH was the god of all talents and always got it. Now it just doesn’t feel worth it at all.

I have use for it in SMC-> UD dives where every piece of improvement is useful, it's not huge but better than woodcraft, bridgebuilding, haggle (yes this can be useful but I never use it), Survival, Metallurgy and Law (yes this can supposedly have some value for non wiki users).
    On a similar level to fletchery which can be useful in early game when ammo can be scarce, well maybe goblin camp sort of made the skill a bit redundant with all the rock piles.

Hmm, actually I always keep any fletchery sets until the late game, to have the best chance of generating very large stacks of arrows with a good prefix / suffix
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.