Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Appraising is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitcomb View Post
    I am the only one here that made an actual argument about the game mechanics. Regaling tales of the handful of times it was helpful doesn't paint a very accurate picture
    When? Do you have a 2nd account name? I couldn’t find your post on this thread.

Interesting bot. It's quoting Jeremiah from earlier in this thread. Its post in the dwarf merchant thread is someones signature.

Lol!! I totally fell for that!

In case you didn't notice: all accounts on this forum are bots using various AI techniques, accept you. Whitcomb is a depricated bot that we allowed to make a few posts, to make the rest of us look more humanlike.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Wow! Ai is so advanced!

So I've played some merchant and I do find use of appraise my two main issues are:
    It's very soon an obsolete skill, apart from UD runs it's of very little use, for the very early quests around terinyo you may just as well use bandit shop for price id, I guess there are very rare situations in PC/VD where it could be helpful.
    Second it values gauntlets of peace as too high, for any non caster those are a disaster without remove curse in the early game.
    Still better than bridge building.