Thread: How to end a game with zero saves ?

Default How to end a game with zero saves ?

I have just got Rostelle, my Female Gnomish Archer born under Raven to the end of the game without saving once yet (played on older PC not attached to internet so just left it on).
    She got TotRR, closed the Gate, got the scroll of Omnipotence, finished with White Unicorn's reward
    This has taken a number of weeks (more if all the disastrous preceding failures are included).
    So now she is about to leave the Drakalor Chain and I've still not saved the game yet.
    I would like to have some type evidence of completion but can't remember exactly what options there are when I march off the map.
    Any suggestions as to what is the best course of action ?

When you march off the map, you end the game. (And win, in this case.) You will get the option to create a memorial file, and it will mention that you never saved the game ("without even stopping to save herself"). So that's all you have to do.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Thanks Grobblewobble
    OK, did that, I think this is the first time I've actually completed a run without saving
    And I've been playing on and off for what must be around 20 years
    Apparently my most numerous victims were Gremlins (330) I really don't remember those
    I unearthed 54 Artefacts although I never noticed "Nature's Breath" or "Purifier" so I guess they are still sitting on the floor somewhere.
    Apparently I played for over 2726 hours ! (Ancardia time obviously)
    I guess I'll have to try again with a slightly more difficult build, Farmer ? Merchant ?

I think I'll put this in as my first YAVP
    (I'll try to work out how to include the log like I've seen others do)
    Last edited by Rostelle; 12-22-2018 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Addenda

Looks like you figured out how to include the log; what's the trick? I'm a bit embarrassed to never have done that.

Grobblewobble gave me the info
    I quote
    ======
    [C0DE]
    -insert flag file (maybe edit out some boring stuff)-
    [/C0DE]

But replace the 0 in C0DE with an O.
    ======
    All the best