Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Talents

Quote Originally Posted by fitzpa88 View Post
    I think Rostelle was saying that the three Skilled talents make it easier to get NEW skills from potions/scrolls of education; whereas without the Skilled talents, it's harder to have 100% of skills maxed, so you're more likely to have PoE improve an existing skill.
    As fitzpa88 says (probably more clearly) That was the intended thrust of my comment

Yes, the most important skills are ususally not that hard to up in my experience, and the rest well ....
    Dodge is maybe an exception.
    There are a few classes where I can see it useful, mindcrafters, weaponsmiths and maybe necro? who have such horrible dice.
    And thats sort of the thing, find the few reasonably useful things, because there are a lot of useless crap for characters which sure can be fun but ...
    On the other hand there is a fair chance that the character doesn't have enough LE to get skilled and those are the ones who really would benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    Yes, the most important skills are ususally not that hard to up in my experience, and the rest well ....
    Dodge is maybe an exception.
    There are a few classes where I can see it useful, mindcrafters, weaponsmiths and maybe necro? who have such horrible dice.
    And thats sort of the thing, find the few reasonably useful things, because there are a lot of useless crap for characters which sure can be fun but ...
    On the other hand there is a fair chance that the character doesn't have enough LE to get skilled and those are the ones who really would benefit.

The main advantage of skilled talents imo, is the early access to 100 in a skill from the higher dice. I mean yeah +10 dv from dodge is kinda nice, but it won’t normally happen until lvl 20. But being able to have it at 100 at level 10 would actually make it somewhat useful. Same applies for any number of skills. Like the + 8 spd from athletics or the 4 dv from alertness (plus magic dodge!).

This of course is in addition to the bonus to newly acquired skills which you won’t get until later on when you don’t gain levels as quickly.