Thread: Opinipn about Dark Elven race?

Default Opinipn about Dark Elven race?

I usually play almost exclusively Grey Elven/Dwarven Priest. But some of my best games have been with Dark Elven priest (plus one very amusing game with Grey Elven Barbarian, he really did kick ass. I have never won the game, though.

So, what is your opinion about DEs? hey can sometimes be nit pain in butt to get to L+, but adding Alertness and Find Weakness is IMHO worth the hassle.

Dark elves are pretty awesome. Great skills, great stats.... but they get terrible prices at stores. It’s more of an early game issue though, and at least they aren’t as despised as mist elves

I'd say that if you're able to grind up the low To and Str (which is sort of needed with all elves to some extent) then they are very strong.
    Alertness and find weakness are among the best skills.
    They don't get that high learning (compared to grey elf for ex) but it's ok enough for a caster.

Starting align C can be a bit more difficult compared to N or L depending on class.

Yea, C is sometimes difficult to get rid of. Best way is to find out N or L altar, but that is throw of dice, literally. C wearing marble amulet is first in world of hurt until getting to NC.

I usually do he starting dungeon, character is often Lvl 7 coming out. Then going to "hole in the wall" to get pickpocket, then carpenter quest, then killing bandit boss, then killing Yergius and then going to puppy cave etc. More often than not I YASD, mainly because I like to melee too much...with fragile spell caster...

DE Wizard seems to be more fun than DE Priest. I don't usually play wizards, but these seem to find altar in UCa every time. Makes thing lot easier to get to N and then L in 2/3 of time. Of course 1/3 of time the altar is C, but that is also very useful.

OK, of course my current and so far best one didn't find altar there But many of my previous ones did...they just didn't live long...
    Last edited by Sardaukar; 10-15-2018 at 10:45 AM.

There are garantueed non C altars in borderland camp (village next to coc) and dwarf town.