Thread: Shields as thrown weapons

Default Shields as thrown weapons

I suspect this isn't high on anyones list but ...
    Assuming small shields are buckler style (small and round) and as shields get larger they get more unwieldy and less aerodynamic shouldn't the damage from using a small shield actually get better damage marks than larger shields. An eternium small shield would effectively be a discus style weapon so an eternium one could perhaps give 2d6 or 2d8 damage ?
    Of course if a deliberately aerodynamic sculpted kite shield existed that could also be a potentially first rate thrown weapon ?

Captain America is Marvel universe, lol.

Historically speaking I don't think any nation has fought with thrown shields, as shields are designed to be defensive.

From an offensive perspective, I can't see them doing more damage than arrows regardless of how aerodynamic you make them, as they are generally blunt where arrows are piercing, and their extra weight would make them fly slower at higher energy cost, at best I could see them do heavy club damage (1d10+2)

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

The small striped shield "Winter Soldier's Frisbee" [+8. +2] [Dx+4] is an artifact.
    This weapon returns when thrown.
    It is a Nazi slayer.
    It is a demon slayer.

(Presumably boomerang/scurgari marks get trained?)

Nope! It’s still shield skill that gets trained! Try throwing shields, only way to train skill if you can’t find any good ones.

I believe there was an rfe a couple years ago to make lust for glory returnable... either got overlooked or denied.