Thread: Organising lots of wands with one or two charges

Default Organising lots of wands with one or two charges

As I have mentioned in a previous post
    Have only recently started playing 3.3.1 purchased through Gog
    Previously had only played 1.1.1 (and last played that probably more than ten years ago)
    So after many years of play I have eventually paid something for my enjoyment
    Many thanks to all involved.

In light of that please forgive me if this is something there is already an answer to (I have search the General ADOM discussion honest)

By mid game I always have a lot of wands with one, two or zero charges left;

I think it would be nice to have a tool which for the moment I'm calling a Wandbridge.
    A wandbridge is a box into which two wands of the same type can be placed.
    So PC 'U'ses the wandbridge and is prompted
    "Wand to keep" ...
    "Wand to consume" ... (must match first ones type)
    Then the two wands become one with the sum of the charges

There are many possibilities with mismatched B/U/C status of wands and wandbridge:
    A cursed wandbridge invariably destroys the second wand and occasionally the first
    If the wandbridge and both wands are blessed the zeroth charge of the second wand is also carried across

As long as there are circumstances where
    A PC might want breakable detritus in their pack
    There are monsters or traps that can random destroy items in a PCs pack
    There are reasons to not simply carry across all charges as quickly as possible
    However it would allow something sensible to be done with the fifth and onwards wand of door creation with two charges.

This is similar in spirit to my previous request for all equipment to be sorted alphabetically, which would make wands a lot easier to find and sort through. A "wandbridge" as well would make living with wands miles easier.