Thread: First win, Wimba the Dwarven Wizardess

Default First win, Wimba the Dwarven Wizardess

Hey there, that's my first post here.

So after 138 hours in ADOM, I got my first win!
    I know that the wizard is considered the easy class, and still it feels great :)

So it started with Cup Dwarf Female Wizard Pointbuy

Got the blanket in the SMC, the first kill was the large bat. I was never to complete the courage quest, no luck for bats!
    So I believe there was the Pool in the Puppy Cave and I got my first ever wish from the pool, went AOLS obviously. Later on, got the second wish from another pool even before saving Khelly so got another AOLS because I've no idea what to wish for actually lol.
    Everything was easy till COC:4 , there was a river. So I went farming blink dogs. I spend over 2 hours irl time farming the corpse and then discord guys helped me out that summoned blink dogs also drop corpses :D so ok, i made him summon friends and then killed them all. Like on the next ID level book of teleportation dropped and so i was good.
    Got crowned L+ with the ring of Archmages, no precrownings/postcrownings. OK thanks for teleport control which i was farming for years.
    Made pyramid easy, nothing hard.
    Saved khelly then got Boots of divine messenger from the treasure grave in the coc graveyard OK THANKS THREE INTRINSIC TELEPORT CONTROLS I THINK IM GOOD
    My first two corruptions were the very ones necessary for the quicklings tree. cool never been there before - cleared it, got like +40 spd
    TOEF trivial
    Made Rolf quest for the first time. The dragon was scary , hitted me for 242 hp once so i teleported away and got back when i was a few levels stronger. the shield is the best, used it till the end.
    Made the Minotaur maze for the first time. Also cool but trivial with Magic map and triple-controlled teleportation ;)
    Finally got the ring of fire, made Ice Queen quests, then Library
    In the Ice queen domain, on the level of the great battle between fire and cold, i started killing ice guys with battle alchemy and my alignment dropped to N- !! Got refused, no blessed anymoar. oki
    then on the rolf fortress first level i made it to C- somehow :D lol no idea actually
    then i got about 110DV/60+PV, all four immunities and so i got to the last dive. The scariest vault is the Mana temple because it drains mana. Got no means of praying and very short on scrolls of power so health-casted stuff. funnily enough you still heal your health when healthcasting Heal spell.
    got the sling of true shot for d:49, forgot about scroll of uselelesenensens
    on D:50 made it with the wand of destruction,
    then robbed the merchant guild just because i wanted (four crap artifacts , but trusted one is good for wizard. wish i found it earlier)
    took about 200 magic missile casts to get the dragon down. golems trivial with acid ball spell

then i left the chain.

then i looked the log
    and found that i missed SO DAMN GREAT artifacts like the Wyverns blabla armour and robes of master monk! i ve been wearing damn anc mummy wrappings for the whole game like a hobbo :D

now I think whether i should try ultra with wizard or with something different like beatfighter
    have a good one ty for reading sir greetings from russia

wimba.txt

Quote Originally Posted by anp View Post
    scroll of uselelesenensens
    Finally someone discovered the true name of this potion.

Nice, gratz on the win. If you want to try something totally different in your next game, beastfighter might be a big step, they're very restrictive. It might help to get the hang of melee characters first with an easier r/c like orc barbarian or dwarf paladin.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

I'd wish for seven league boots or dragon mail/truesilver armor if you've already got the amulet.
    Edit: and girdle of giant strength
    Last edited by kapsi; 12-12-2018 at 10:48 AM.
    The chaos sister screams at you in a friendly manner.

Quote Originally Posted by kapsi View Post
    I'd wish for seven league boots or dragon mail/truesilver armor if you've already got the amulet.
    Edit: and girdle of giant strength
    Well, i got seven league boots by then. I was using the Ancient Mummy Wrappings which gave see invisible and cold immunity and got crowned with fire immunity, so Dragon mail is not an option, and why ever would anyone wish for truesilver armor? I don't get it.
    Girdl of giant strength is the one that would only add 6 HP to my big pool, no other mentionable bonuses (Strength of Atlas is god, and i was purely casting).
    Now that I know the game a bit more, I would rather wish for alchemy ingredients for POGAs or potions/scrolls of education or food preservation. Since I wasn't aiming for ultra, there was no need in giant boar skull, etc.

Well truesilver full plate armor weighs only 160s and has [+0, +11] with no negative modifiers to hit/damage. If you're not meeleing then ethernium full plate has (-1, -5) [-3, +15] and dragon scale mails have +10 - +13 PV, that can save your life if a greater titan starts shooting.
    The chaos sister screams at you in a friendly manner.