Thread: talents after the boost

Default talents after the boost

So today I played my first Steam game and found out about the new talents. What do people think about them?

My first new character was a gnome monk, the combo that I scored my first ever win with. I expected a rough start and thought I'd better play an extremely conservative opening, maybe hang around in the ID until level 6?

Being allowed to pick starsign, I took Candle. I got 4 starting talents and wanted to try some that were boosted, so I got Skilled, Very Skilled, Healthy and the more traditional Hardy.

After talking to the little girl, I couldn't bring myself to walk away without at least giving it a try.. well I not only managed, but it was actually a walk in the park! wow.. that Healthy talent is crazy now. With Candle it felt like I was playing a healer. Or healer/monk dual class. This used to be a hard R/C combo.. but not anymore. Healthy seems to be the very best melee talent now. Dare I say it.. OP?

The Skilled line is also quite good now, pretty tempting for skill classes like Monk, but not OP. I think this one was done exactly right. Very cool.

The shopping skills look interesting, too and I was tempted to pick "strong will" for eventual melee weapon master. I might even try Strong Legs, although it still looks like a gimmick.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Strong legs actually came in handy for me once or twice before when I was too lazy to get trap detection. Although, when your monk turns level 13 you’ll just be busting the wall next to the door instead of the door itself

Yes. I wonder if "kicking down doors is easier" also applies to kicking down walls. Will test this.

After some very limited testing, with 2 level 13 gnome monks with 15 strength, I see no difference in kicking down walls. The number of tries it takes to take down a wall varies wildly - sometimes it took 1 try, sometimes as many as forty. So doing a rigorous statistical test would take a lot of time, and I can't really be bothered. Strong legs probably doesn't help, or even if it does, it's not very noticeable.