Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ...so what's your biggest damage taken?

Default ...so what's your biggest damage taken?

That was another indestructible (so I thought) character... Mist Elf Ranger... killed anything in one, two attacks... before the final dive I wanted to have the daggers but was only level 41... and needed heaps of xp to get to 45... so went to Small Cave, hopped on downstairs, doomed myself, wished for emperor moloch, heaps of extremely experienced greater molochs came to my call... with coward on I was taking them with me downstairs, teleporting and shooting them from safe distance... exps just kept coming and coming... soon was 46 and felt I can do anything... so tried to melee one of them for a change... well... well... well...

1520002232.png
    munch munch munch

Fate smiles prevents you from dying because of critical hit. No idea if Doomed nullifies this effect, tho.
    On topic, it was middle 400s from greater titan missile, i think.

EDIT: LOL, you were slowed to like 10 speed and decided to melee moloch as mist elf? Congrats omg

Quote Originally Posted by anp View Post
    Fate smiles prevents you from dying because of critical hit. No idea if Doomed nullifies this effect, tho.
    All that's necessary for 1-HP crit protection is not being Doomed and being over a certain HP threshold depending on the strength of the attack. Not that it would have helped in this case, as monsters can keep attacking you after reducing you to 1 HP.

EDIT: LOL, you were slowed to like 10 speed and decided to melee moloch as mist elf? Congrats omg
    Nah, that's just how many attacks the super-leveled moloch got per action. Notice that there are no regeneration messages in between its attacks.
    Last edited by Grond; 12-12-2018 at 04:47 PM.

yep... i had speed over 200, dooming was only temporarily for the wish... they were just way too strong
    munch munch munch

Don't fight endgame monsters while doomed, it's not worth it. Don't fight anything doomed. Don't be doomed ever.

How do you even punch through armor, is he making holes in the armor?
    Last edited by kapsi; 12-12-2018 at 11:31 PM.
    The chaos sister screams at you in a friendly manner.

(I doomed myself only for the wish - equipped some dagger of damnation - and swapped it right away for something more suitable for the molochs...)
    munch munch munch

SMC for level 50 chars can produce some seriously hard-hitting monsters. I recall a lvl 110 berserker emperor doing in excess of 500 dmg to a char with 100/100 DV/PV.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

The most impressive damage I've seen posted is from Anon123 in this thread: https://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2304

Quote Originally Posted by anon123

Note how the PC took 45000+ points of damage despite having acid immunity.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

The vortex damage above must surely be a bug!

Are we talking damage per turn or damage per hit? Max damage done per hit surely belongs to the Emperor Moloch. I've seen him dish out well over 500 points of damage in a single hit.

I haven't tried exposing myself to the Stone Dragon King breath yet, but considering the water breath attacks of Giant Dragon Turtles and Blup's Mum do well over 350 points of damage, the shrapnel breath must be at least as powerful.

Dopple kings can deal ~2-3k to maxed archmage chars but it's because of the scaling.
    As for that vortex - this happens when you mem-edit your ID level and go to a place that even the game doesn't know where the hell it is (hence the I:?)
    At that depth, even goblins deal thousands of points of damage.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."