Thread: Scroll of Entropy = exchange?

Default Scroll of Entropy = exchange?

So I had my first encounter with a scroll of entropy today, It was early game and I was being chased by a cat - so I was hoping one of my scrolls would identify a potion of exchange in my inventory.

However when I read one of my scrolls it said "Entropic energies flood this area!" "The cave lion is engulfed by the entropic energies!" "The cave lion suddenly disappears and something appears as a replacement!" "Reality somehow seems different after the energies dissipate..."

The cave lion turned into a hobgoblin leader. - Pretty cool effect.

Adom-Scroll of Entropy.jpg

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

Wow, nice find! The effect appears to be disabled on certain levels (D:50, earth temple, wilderness, ID, Darkforge, Dwarftown, Animated Forest, vault levels, and probably many others). The effect seems to have a chance of affecting every single monster on the level where it's used. Doesn't appear to affect unique (unwishable) monsters
    Last edited by Grond; 12-14-2018 at 02:15 AM.

Cool. I figured it just affected the cat because I was standing right next to it, didn't know it could affect the whole level.

Wiki just said it causes confusion and is used for the Nihilist ending.

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

Does it affect items on the floor? Perhaps this could be used in conjunction with the scroll of omnipotence somehow? Or maybe used on the statues of heros? Just thinking out loud here.

It doesn't affect items on the floor. It doesn't seem to have any interaction with the legend statues.