Thread: lost hp bars?

Default lost hp bars?

Was wandering overland map when the game popped up an error message - fail to render tile or something like that.

I switched to ASCII mode to continue playing, entered a cave and then switched back to tiles - everything seems to work fine except I can't see the hp bars or tell whether the monsters are hostile or not.

Is there a way to turn the hp bars back on? I can't seem to find it in the menu(s).

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

Quote Originally Posted by ghostjghost View Post
    Was wandering overland map when the game popped up an error message - fail to render tile or something like that.

I switched to ASCII mode to continue playing, entered a cave and then switched back to tiles - everything seems to work fine except I can't see the hp bars or tell whether the monsters are hostile or not.

Is there a way to turn the hp bars back on? I can't seem to find it in the menu(s).
    Yes I get this all the time since a version or two back.
    It doesn't trigger on all places on the overland map, most notoriously around vddl.

Ctrl-m for menu choose x and activate healthbars, status and alignment.
    Ctrl-m and m t to set back to tiles (but seems you found that one).

Thanks that fixed it.

Yeah I had exited to the main menu and changed to tiles from the game settings menu- it's good to know there is a faster way to do that.

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family