Thread: What Class has the best/worst crowning gifts

Default What Class has the best/worst crowning gifts

Just trying to guide a Mist Elf Farmer through the adventure
    Got to crowning at level 15 (I would usually expect to be crowned around level 14 to 16)
    Got Nature's Friend as a crowning gift, well thanks for that God I'll immediately store it somewhere safe, certainly am not going to be using it already have a better crystal shield and would usually expect to by this stage.

So this made me wonder what would I have liked. Looked on line and decided the only thing was Whirlwind.
    Shirt of Saints or Long Sting (farmer's polearm ability) would be very usable.

A quick further look makes me think that an Archer or a Chaos Knight is going to be happy with any of their possible crowning gifts. For the Archer any missile related gift is always adaptable to at level 14 to 16, the Chaos Knights gifts have clearly be designed especially for him.

The Fighter, Thief and Wizard are probably not going to be upset by anything.

My feeling is the Druid (Black Thumb, Nature's Friend, Purifier), the Farmer (Hammer of the Gods, Nature's Friend, Skullcrusher) are the most likely to be disappointed.
    I'd assume the druid would be using staves (because it's a druid) and the farmer polearms (because it's a farmer).

Shezestriakis is probably the gift I'd want least and Nature's Friend is probably second to it.

The Duellist is odd, five gifts seem very likely to be useful then there's Executor ?

Anyone else have favourite or least favourite gifts ?

Yeah I agree with most of what you said. Just a few minor points where I differ.

Archers are the first class I think of, 5 out of 6 gifts are fantastic. True Aim and Thunderstroke used to be garbage, but now that they return, both of them are actually a little OP. Even Whirlwind is pretty good, now that we have so many slaying bullets.
    The only archer gift I feel dubious about are the boots. As an archer you really want 7lb instead, to keep your distance.

Other classes with mostly great gifts are barbarian, beastfighter, chaos knight, assassin and duelist. Executor is in fact the best gift a duelist can receive, it slays so many things and has great base damage. The cursing is not that big of a drawback when you have intrinsic luck and fate smiles.

Purifier is another gift I would rank as very good. It also has good base damage and slaying powers.

I wonder why you mentioned thief as a class with good gifts? On top of my head they include cat's claw (terrible) and silver key, which does things that common items can do as well.

The best single gift has got to be Justifier for paladins. It has the hidden property that it deals double damage on normal hits when wielded by a paladin, 4x damage on critical hits. Best melee weapon in the game.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 12-24-2018 at 12:45 PM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Hmmm, yes

You are right about the thief Cat's Claw really isn't up to much (I do quite like the Silver Key it simplifies a lot of decisions), it's just if I play a thief (or assassin) I almost always try to aim for the Needle Sting combination by end game so any dagger just seems OK.

Barbarian, I missed that, any of those gifts are good to excellent.

The Duellist thing you're right again Executor is a great gift, I'd just expect to be using a sword (I think I'm getting too hung up in the role playing side of the thing rather than what's actually the best artifact).

It's the same sort of thing with a Barbarian, I would always go for a two-handed and ignore anything else. So the double chance of Skullcrusher is just a bit of an irritation.

And despite having played this game on and off for over 20 years I'd never realised that particularly excellent feature of Justifier for a Paladin (I'm going to have to play a Paladin again next when I've got my Farmer through).

Still reckon the poor old Druid and Farmer have the biggest chance of getting something they're not really interested in.

The worst ones have roughly 50/50 getting a decent artifact.
    Thief, farmer and bard gets bottom spots in my ranking, not only have they a good amount of junk items the good ones are far from game breaking.

With the upgrade to Perions and addition of the Wall Paladins now have a nice selection of crazy good items and have with Archer one of the strongest crowning gifts.