Thread: Need help. Pissed god off royally!

Default Need help. Pissed god off royally!

Hi All,

So, I was crowned with the hammer of gods, which was basically worthless to me. Like a dummy, I attempted to sac it to get rid of it. Obviously, that made my god pretty angry. This happened in Dwarf town. While I was running from solars, which I can't hurt, I panicked and prayed a couple of times and summoned more. Finally, I teleported to the stairway and hopped upstairs. Am I just plain screwed? Or, is there something I can do to clear dwarf town and resume questing? How can I make amends with my god?

Thanks!

Not sure. Did you become a fallen champion? You can tell because in that case you would have lost your blessed status. If not, then you can fix this by sacrificing things at an altar, while taking precautions against further punishments: your god might summon more solars, destroy your equipment or curse your inventory.. be ready to prevent or recover from any of that. After enough sacrifices your god will calm down.

In case you did become a fallen champion, I really don't know.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Since you mention solars, you're probably lawful. I generally find that the safest way to mollify gods is to sacrifice a large amount of gold (~15000) at once. You may up that amount as you kept making it more angry with praying. You have a lawful altar at the outpost.
    You can get that kind of gold by grinding at the most dangerous area you're comfortable with. The jarl caves are lucrative these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowkey View Post
    Since you mention solars, you're probably lawful. I generally find that the safest way to mollify gods is to sacrifice a large amount of gold (~15000) at once. You may up that amount as you kept making it more angry with praying. You have a lawful altar at the outpost.
    You can get that kind of gold by grinding at the most dangerous area you're comfortable with. The jarl caves are lucrative these days.
    I tried this but didn’t have enough money to do it properly...summoned more solars...so I gave up in Darkforge by spamming prayers and flooding the level with solars. I’m glad I know what to do ne t time, though.

I was lawful for the Rolf axe and shield combo. I’m rethinking the utility of that.