Thread: Precrowning questions

Default Precrowning questions

Got precrowned once and, upon reaching lvl11, came back for round 2. This time, it seems to be taking forever to raise piety past "very close". I've been grinding it out for an hour and there's been no change whatsoever. Is it supposed to go this slow?

I've only been going with live sacs since I'm broke as shit atm. Is there some way to speed up the process? Planning on just taking this last precrowning and doing a crowning right after.

IIRC you don´t get the ´extremely close´ message after your first pre/post crowning, even when you are there. AFAIK the only way to know that you are ready is to try a prayer.

Live saccing yourself a second pre/post crowning is super tedious, except if you do it on a cavernous level. Preferably a chaotic or a lawful altar, to minimize the number of monsters you can´t sac.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

So turns out that was it

Unfortunately, I was ended up forgetting to slightly change alignment and accidentally got crowned instead. Oh well, Executor is pretty damn nice anyhow.

You possibly wouldn't have pre-crowned again anyway. Getting a second pre-crown requires about 140k more piety than simply being crowned, and a third needs over 300k more than the second.

The best way to figure out if you can crown or get a second pre-crown is to count the number of kills. Each sacrifice is worth about 1400 piety, so a crowning requires ~25 sacrifices from reaching very close and a second pre-crown needs ~125.