Thread: Trapped in my own armor

Default Trapped in my own armor

I was dumb and was equipping every uncursed thing I found in the FGJC greater vault praying for an artifact. Instead, I ended up with a trapped eternium splint mail. Can’t rust it off, can’t acid it off, I cant think of any other way to get rid of it other than pissing my god off and having him destroy all my equipment. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

You can dip it into a potion of exchange. A blessed PoE will work, not sure about uncursed/cursed.

You could also try a Scroll of item destruction, but it's unreliable.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Could probably change it by dipping it in a potion of chaos too (possibly a good use of one).
    PoC can cause disastrous explosion but my understanding is that this occurs if the RNG has decided the original item and the item it is transforming to are a similar type (both eternium splint mails so likelihood low). I think this likelihood can be reduced to zero by dipping it in an area with a very low danger level (eg. standard wilderness area, Barbarian's Glade, Terinyo etc.) as an eternium splint mail should never be randomly produced there.
    I think all items produced this way are cursed but that is less of a problem than trapped (there is no guarantee you won't end up in a trapped set of clothes though !)
    Last edited by Rostelle; 01-03-2019 at 12:15 PM. Reason: addenda

Thanks, didn’t even think of transmuting it since the wiki said destruction was the only option.

drop everything and dance with an Eye of Destruction?

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    drop everything and dance with an Eye of Destruction?
    It wouldn't be able to hit him in an eternium splint mail, I think. Perhaps an Annihilator would do the trick though.

Quote Originally Posted by Khnud View Post
    It wouldn't be able to hit him in an eternium splint mail, I think. Perhaps an Annihilator would do the trick though.
    Eye of destruction doesn't need to hurt you in order to annihilate equipped items.

This thread just saved an early Lithium attempt. Level 14 wizard, armor destroyed and then just getting poisoned on every hit (spider, bee, etc) so I decide to pick up random armor as "better than nothing." The cursed iron armor on my ME wizard was, in fact, worse than nothing. No holly water, scroll of item destruction failed, but I remembered this thread and used Moon Sickle to turn it into clothes. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    Eye of destruction doesn't need to hurt you in order to annihilate equipped items.
    Interesting. So basically all you need to to then is set your tactics to berserk to minimize DV, and press ”w”. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by fitzpa88 View Post
    This thread just saved an early Lithium attempt. Level 14 wizard, armor destroyed and then just getting poisoned on every hit (spider, bee, etc) so I decide to pick up random armor as "better than nothing." The cursed iron armor on my ME wizard was, in fact, worse than nothing. No holly water, scroll of item destruction failed, but I remembered this thread and used Moon Sickle to turn it into clothes. Thanks!
    Scrolls of item destruction always fail... or at least when you want them to work in a predictable manner. I think they destroy equipped items randomly when there's a minimum of 4 equipped but I'm not sure.
    Still it's a useless or even harmful scroll, to rival scroll of amnesia.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."