Thread: Kickstarter Announcement: ADOM the Roleplaying game

Default Kickstarter Announcement: ADOM the Roleplaying game

Dear community!
    We are very happy to announce that the kickstarter campaign for ADOM the Roleplaying game is now live!
    https://www.adom.de/rpg-kickstarter
    Based on the groundbreaking genre defining roguelike computer game, ADOM the Roleplaying game will allow you to adventure with your friends in the Ancient Domains of Mystery. Ancardia was a peaceful world, but a mysterious Gate has opened in a deep and long forgotten cave and now the forces of Chaos spread their corrupting taint, twisting and changing the very essence of beings.
    It is for the heroes to decide which side to choose, if any, for Chaos offers tempting powers far beyond mortal capabilities.
    12 races and 22 classes allow for a wide variety of unique playstyles where both class and race decisions will continue to matter as the characters grow in power.
    ADOM the Roleplaying game is part of the Old School Revival movement and fully compatible with other OSR titles, featuring the "Danger System" - a smart take on advantage/disadvantage mechanics designed to simulate complex situations with very few rolls.
    Featuring over 600 full colored pages with gorgeous, handpicked artwork over two books, ADOM the Roleplaying game seeks to set new standards in indie RPG design.
    If you want to learn more and see some spectacular samples, check us out at www.adom-rpg.com.
    Please note that this is the Kickstarter for the pen & paper roleplaying game. The Kickstarter campaign for Ultimate ADOM (www.ultimate-adom.com), the sequel to ADOM the computer game, will launch at the end of February.
    And if you have any questions, feel free to ask!
    Thomas Biskup
    ADOM Creator & Maintainer
    Thomas Biskup
    ADOM & Ultimate ADOM Maintainer
    https://www.adom.de - https://www.ultimate-adom.com

Two days to go! (Funded, and four stretch goals unlocked!) If you planned on backing but haven't yet, now is the time -- and if you like us but haven't shown our link to every rpg fiend you know yet, now's the time for that too Help us reach the next stretch goal so we can write an extra module for all backers!

www.adom.de/rpg-kickstarter
    Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.

I'm so excited about this. Plus I love what an homage to Dungeons & Dragons that cover art is. Can't wait to have the ADOM books next to my AD&D ones.

b83980983b7f8952f3bdf37746f22b9f_original.png

I sadly missed the kick starter due to technical difficulties is there going to be a way to send you guys some cash to support the development as well as getting in the beta?

Any updates on the ADOM RPG? There are no activities in the beta forum. The creator team does not respond to posted threads and there are also no activities from the team on Kickstarter. Did something odd happened to the team? Because even PMs are staying unanswered.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravajan View Post
    Any updates on the ADOM RPG? There are no activities in the beta forum. The creator team does not respond to posted threads and there are also no activities from the team on Kickstarter. Did something odd happened to the team? Because even PMs are staying unanswered.
    Sorry for the unexpected period of silence. As some of you might know my real life job is being CEO of an IT company and the past couple of weeks have been a flurry of activity due to great things happening business wise. I totally blacked out on my net presence (including FB, Twitter, etc) but things now are normalizing. Next week I‘m away on vacation for one week but hope to be able to use some of that time for the next big ADOM RPG content update. I hope it will include more than enough stuff to make good for the extended silence but whatever is done by the end of next week will be released as the next beta version.

Sorry once more for the silence. Sometimes real life just gets a bit too overwhelming and though I know I do not have the best reputation for either communication or getting deadlines in I couldn‘t help it this time.

I‘ll blog about this during my vacation and then everything will become understandable - for now please believe me: all is good and we shortly will resume regular updates.

Thomas Biskup
    Thomas Biskup
    ADOM & Ultimate ADOM Maintainer
    https://www.adom.de - https://www.ultimate-adom.com

Hi there. Thanks for the information. I really want and hope that we will see ADOM RPG one day. Good luck

Watitng for it so much!!! Funded some money back then, when it will aprox. come out?
    check the best video game loot boxes on drakemall and win awesome gamer stuff