Thread: Most epic dwarven halls?

Default Most epic dwarven halls?

What is the most epic dwarven halls you have seen?

Today I saw this upon monster detection in DH:2..

kirin_nightmare.jpg
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

I still use ascii so forgive my question, are those ki-rin?? That would be pretty crazy.

Yes, room full of Ki-rins.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

I'd say leg it, even if you have death ray resistance! The alignment drop isn't worth the trouble and those death rays will definitely harm you even with resistance.

I once had a mixed tension room in DH:2 containing (among others) both a Greater Moloch, a Greater Titan and an Emperor Lich. But not as epic as those Ki-Rins. You almost never encounter those, let alone a room full of them!
    Sometimes you encounter truly epic levels deeper in the CoC. On D:42 I once got a lesser Black Dragon Vault (with mostly Ancient Black Dragons and a Great Black Wyrm) + a Great White Wyrm threat room + a mixed tension room with a Moloch and a Lich King on the same level. Not sure if this is possible in more recent versions of the game though.
    Last edited by Khnud; 01-12-2019 at 01:09 PM.

Unless you touch that room, you should be fine but I'd still wrap my business there and vacate the premises asap.
    As for epic DH, I think mine was a huge (8x8 or close to it) mixed tension room with the nastiest shit you can imagine.
    Stone ooze, great karmic wyrm, dopple king, quickling queen, emp lich, greater moloch, balor... all the colorful, fun stuff.
    Not sure if I survived.

While we are at it, kudos to _Ln_, as I recall a fun game I spectated where he entered the cavernous D:36, got swarmed by quickling kings from an open threat room, in the middle of nowhere and promptly got torn to shreds
    Poor bastard, great times.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

I actually found an old screenshot. This is from version 1.2.0.
    Attached Images Attached Images